Why can't I cancel a "confirmed" order?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm failing to see why I am unable to cancel my order when it obviously hasn't even shipped yet? Has anyone actually managed to get their order cancelled via Samsung?

Attachments

• 115785.jpg
    115785.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 70

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just guessing. They give you a nonfunctional "cancel" choice, so that you have to go through the trouble and expense of returning it. that might get you to keep it.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
There's probably a golden hour type window of opportunity to cancel a raised order.

As an order progresses through the stages to despatch I'm assuming at one of those stages cancellation is removed to stop any accidental despatch of the phone if it's thars close to being sent out.

rcwheelman

May 4, 2018
Visit site
You have to call them on the phone and cancel it. I did it last night. No problems. Done with Samsung. Ordered from amazon. Phone will be here tomorrow.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Not sure how long this took but I ordered a Note 9 2 weeks ago, I tried to cancel it last Tuesday a week ago on the webpage as it had the cancel button. I pushed it, and an hour later got an email from Samsung saying cancel was denied because item left the warehouse. Nothing has shipped or left any warehouse for over a week since then. I have no shipments coming to my house per ups or Fedex. I have called Samsung 3 times and get the run around and same old story to just return it or reject the package. But I can't if you haven't shipped it and they are holding up a phone line from doing an upgrade because of their stupid system. It has now been over 10 days since the order was supposed to be shipped, and NOTHING.

I am not sure what to do anymore. I have a S10+ on order from them too, which is why I canceled the Note 9 or tried too. But Samsung is refusing to cancel it.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how long this took but I ordered a Note 9 2 weeks ago, I tried to cancel it last Tuesday a week ago on the webpage as it had the cancel button. I pushed it, and an hour later got an email from Samsung saying cancel was denied because item left the warehouse. Nothing has shipped or left any warehouse for over a week since then. I have no shipments coming to my house per ups or Fedex. I have called Samsung 3 times and get the run around and same old story to just return it or reject the package. But I can't if you haven't shipped it and they are holding up a phone line from doing an upgrade because of their stupid system. It has now been over 10 days since the order was supposed to be shipped, and NOTHING.

I am not sure what to do anymore. I have a S10+ on order from them too, which is why I canceled the Note 9 or tried too. But Samsung is refusing to cancel it.
Welcome to the world of Samsung Direct. Fine if everything goes as planned, an absolute nightmare for anything that requires special attention. It's like banging your head against a wall. No 2 people you manage to talk to there will give you the same answer. I hope you get it straightened out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003