Why can't I click 'allow' on app permissions?

boodschap

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
When an app asks for permissions (like this: http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/larger_wm_brw/public/article_images/2015/10/marshmallow-permissions-17_0.jpg?itok=wLxCc-Ig),
I can only click 'deny', I can't click 'allow'. I need to go all the way to the app-settings to change this.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
you have some app that is putting an overlay on the screen. You will need to find that app, and either disable overlays or uninstall it.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem I don't suppose you have file manager HD installed. That's what stopped mine from working. Sounds crazy but it does when I cannot click a permission I have to force close that app.

Posted via my 6p & the Android Central App

Frank Herbert1

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm @odd1ne identification that File Manager (Cheetah Mobile) is the problem. Yup, seems crazy, but that was the culprit for me. Thanks Odd1ne!

Chris Orton

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Ah, thanks guys, this was annoying the hell out of me.
You can fix it by disabling "Draw over other apps" for File Manager HD (Settings - Apps - Configure (cog) - Draw over other apps)

cmecme

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I have this same problem - tinybeans is greyed out and I can't add app permissions, but I can't fix it as you've all done as I don't have the File Manager app - any other ideas on how to fix this? I've uninstalled / reinstalled / restarted phone etc.

alexkaz

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
DU Antivirus does the same 'app permission blocking' .
DU Antivirus in the past did trigger and Overlay error pop up.
However, after rebooting my cel phone 2x's in the past to regain app. mgr. functionality, this 3rd install of DU Antivirus does not produce the 'overlay ' error and the DU Antivirus gradually creeps into all features of your phone. Currentl, because of DU Antivirus, I cannot open my voicemails.

I am going back to a simple, non smart phone for my business phone calls.

Dheep Vijay Dakshah

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
I tried a lot many solutions before I found what is the fix.
I had enabled Touch ball / quick ball feature and icon.
It used stay on screen always to help me navigate.

this app was the culprit which had overlay feature enabled and wasn't easy to figure it out by browsing the active apps under the installed apps.

This was in MIUI 11 with Android 7 for Redmi Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216