Why can't I download Apps from Play store or pictures/files from Browser?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey guys,

I got my Google Pixel 2 just one week ago and I already experience some issues with it. So I have a problem I can't download things from my Playstore/Browser or in general anything anymore.

It happened already once, but I did a factory reset and the issue was gone. Now after setting everything up and using my phone for 1 week it came again (today).

Things I've already done:

- "Reboot the phone" (it worked after the restart but after few minutes I can't
download anything again)

- "Clear Cache/Data from Play store/Play service and Download Manager" Didn't
work at all

- "Uninstall Play Store updates" (It worked actually once but then it automatically
updated it to the newest Play Store version and the download was pending
again)

- "Resetting all app preferences" (It helped after a restart but after few minutes I
can't download things again

- "Toggling on/off airplane mode and Wifi", I did that but didn't work at all

My suspicion:
I read somewhere it's duo app preferences so cleaning cache won't do anything. I think the issue is either my "Download Manager" or some "Google Apps". I really don't know. Maybe it's even my Wifi, but when I go to Wifi settings it says the connection is good.

Factory Reset may help, but the issue will probably come to 99% again after few days. (Please, I don't want that kind of solution!)

I can't download things at all and this issue is really bugging me. Oh, by the way, this is my first Android phone, so I'm not that experienced with the OS.

I appreciate any kind of help which makes my experience for Android much better.

Happy New Year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej