Why can't I download or access internal storage on my Nexus 4?

Nathan-NL

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Can't download or access internal storage on Nexus 4

Photos app does show local photos on the internal storage. What gives?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't download or access internal storage on Nexus 4

Sorry--what do you mean that you can't download or access internal storage? What happens when you try to download something--do you get an error? What happens if you use a file manager app to explore your folders in internal storage?

Nathan-NL

May 13, 2013
Visit site

I can't access the internal storage with ES File Explorer and I can't download anything with Chrome/ES File Explorer. I immediately get an error.
At first I couldn't see the Nexus 4 on my Windows 7 desktop at all. Now I can but it appears empty, but I know it's not because I have accessed the internal storage using TWRP and saw that everything is still in place.

I did have to go through some hoops to get Lollipop working. I started with 4.4.4 with quite some modifications (root, custom recovery, Xposed, etc). What I first tried was just flashing the Factory Image without flashing userdata.img, but I then got a bootloop at the boot animation (colored dots flying around, new Android logo didn't appear). So I reflashed 4.4.4 and then applied the OTA. This worked and pretty much everything seems to work fine. Except for this and auto-rotation not working.

There isn't much free space left by the way.

Edit: I now flashed TWRP and the latest SuperSU Beta, but after flashing TWRP I got the same bootloop again. So I now reflashed system.img again and it seems to be starting again. (Android is being updated, Apps are being optimised)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hope it works! I'm not experienced with rooting, so I probably won't be of much help going forward.