Why did I wait so long to try true wireless earbuds? (galaxy buds)

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always hated earbuds, so have used over the ear headphones, but wearing glasses the get uncomfortable after an hour or two.

I decided I was going to try true wireless earbuds and see if my disdain for earbuds had changed.

I researched and watched some videos, thought of the Tozo T10, Soundpeats Trueengine SE, some Soundcore Liberty Air 2's that Flossy reviewed and affectionately calls "douchebuds" LOL

Ultimately ended up getting Galaxy Buds. A little more than I wanted to spend, but they would be easy to return at Best Buy if i didn't like them.

I fricken love them. Comfortable, stay in the ear, sound good, plenty loud enough for me. Block out the outside noise when being used. You can use each one individually while the other stays in the case (work mode), wireless charging. I don't really have a complaint.

The cheaper ones each had a drawback, whether it be no wireless charging, no volume control on the buds, or can only use the right one if you want to listen singly.

So if you're on the fence give em a shot.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
My daughter wants a pair for Christmas.

Can you use either left or right for phone calls? My Bose Soundsport Free requires that I have to use the right one for phone calls.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I've always hated earbuds, so have used over the ear headphones, but wearing glasses the get uncomfortable after an hour or two.

I decided I was going to try true wireless earbuds and see if my disdain for earbuds had changed.

I researched and watched some videos, thought of the Tozo T10, Soundpeats Trueengine SE, some Soundcore Liberty Air 2's that Flossy reviewed and affectionately calls "douchebuds" LOL

Ultimately ended up getting Galaxy Buds. A little more than I wanted to spend, but they would be easy to return at Best Buy if i didn't like them.

I fricken love them. Comfortable, stay in the ear, sound good, plenty loud enough for me. Block out the outside noise when being used. You can use each one individually while the other stays in the case (work mode), wireless charging. I don't really have a complaint.

The cheaper ones each had a drawback, whether it be no wireless charging, no volume control on the buds, or can only use the right one if you want to listen singly.

Had mine for about 2 weeks now. And yes, freaking love them too.

Absolutely game changer. I have 3 other Bluetooth earbuds that wrap around the back of your neck. These true wireless Galaxy Buds are truly a game changers. Will never go back to anything else that I have.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Tozo T10 are great though, very good sound and they have wireless charging too, I put Comply Foam tips/buds on mine.
Also just got the new Jabra 75t, they don't have wireless charging which I kinda thought was weird but they last over 7 hours or 28 when charging case included so I guess it is a trade-off for making the whole package so small.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Tozo T10 are great though, very good sound and they have wireless charging too, I put Comply Foam tips/buds on mine.
Also just got the new Jabra 75t, they don't have wireless charging which I kinda thought was weird but they last over 7 hours or 28 when charging case included so I guess it is a trade-off for making the whole package so small.

I had those in my Amazon cart, but the lack of volume control on the buds themselves was really a draw back for me. If that was available, I'm sure I would have tried those first.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They are good especially since they give it away for free in some offer or the other with the phone.
One thing it's bad at is the microphone and also the range. In terms of sound and comfort they are above average.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
the right bud stopped working for me which is a shame bc im deaf in my left ear...

As long as they're still under the 1 year warranty Samsung will send you a brand new pair. I'm currently waiting on my second replacement pair for this same problem. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy these since i don't see them lasting too long after the warranty runs out.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They are good especially since they give it away for free in some offer or the other with the phone.
One thing it's bad at is the microphone and also the range. In terms of sound and comfort they are above average.

The microphone works well only if you use both together. At least its the case for me. As for range, yes at times with my N10+ in my pocket, music kinda stutter. But im guessing because of radio waves from bigger devices.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As long as they're still under the 1 year warranty Samsung will send you a brand new pair. I'm currently waiting on my second replacement pair for this same problem. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy these since i don't see them lasting too long after the warranty runs out.

Well Samsung in your country stinks then. In Indonesia they provide excellent aftersales even after warranty runs out...

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well Samsung in your country stinks then. In Indonesia they provide excellent aftersales even after warranty runs out...

Oh i haven't had any problems getting the buds replaced. They even send you a brand new pair rather than a refurb. It does suck having to go without them while waiting for the new pair to arrive though.

My problem is the fact that I've had two pairs fail within a year for the same (known) issue. I swore off Samsung for a while after having to do three replacements on a s7 edge, and this purchase hasn't gone any better. I do have a Galaxy watch that i bought used that has been rock solid though.

KidAKidB

Jun 23, 2018
Visit site
I absolutely love my Galaxy Buds. 2 weeks ago I purchased AirPod Pros and returned them. I also have the Sony wf 1000mx3 which sound great, but aren't as convenient as the Galaxy Buds.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people over look the galaxy buds for airpods, but I much prefer Samsungs design. Also love the fit and sound.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Samsung finally got there sorry act together.
Galaxy Bud firmware and software update tonight.
WOW. This one worked. Lol didn't make them worse.
The bass is punchier, deeper with better definition; much better mid-lower range bass.
Using Power Amp with the equalizer on and from once they have descent lower > 40 hz bass that's not distorting near as bad.
Huge improvement.
In fact an big improvement across the whole audio spectrum it sounds like.
Their ratty bass drove me nuts.

Listening to a HDCD wav file, No Sugar Tonight, The Guess Who, yes an HDCD and their 24 bit master tracks are stunning.
It sounds real good for an SBC codec... some muddiness.
Listening to HMFIC **** Dale, another HDCD .wav file and
Because they don't have 24 bit throughput they degrade these tracks a lot, a 16 bit .wav less so...

However a lot cleaner and better definition than they ever had...
I can live with this :)

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

I have 2 pairs of the silver 2nd generation. Reason being I thought someone had stolen my 1st pair. We had some theft at work, when I went to use my buds they were missing from the case. So I bought a second pair.
Ahead 3 months later, turns out my cat knocked them off my night stand and they fell out.
The 2nd pair I bought ended up going through the washing machine. THEY STILL WORK! I've had no problem with either pair. Best wireless ears buds I own!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I like my Buds+ but mainly using them for YouTube and so on, for quality listening I prefer to use the Sony wf-1000xm3 or Jabra Elite 75t.
12 months ago I didn't even like wireless earbuds and now I've developed an addiction to them and have nearly 10 different pairs ??????

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys, can I ask how loud they are. I am 95% deaf in both ears but can pick up extremely loud sounds that are near the ears.

Not as loud as you would want I don't think.
I would recommend you a pair of Votomy V22 instead, they are also much cheaper, they are crazy loud and still have very good sound.