[REVIEW] Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo Wireless Earphones

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifcXCdSgPL8

Overview: First things first, I really want to throw this out there… I like the direction that Anker took with the Soundcore Liberty Neo earphones. The Liberty Airs were nice and a little auspicious, especially tackling the AirPod emulation checkbox. They worked well and I think they had a pretty solid sound experience, but I felt like they were a little outside of their element. Anker has always driven home simple designs, effectiveness, low prices and great sound. In this vein, I feel like the Neos really stepped up and hit a homerun in Anker’s own ballpark. They are very unassuming, which was the first word that popped into my head when I thought about describing them. The clamshell dock/charger is compact and the ear buds fit nicely into their respective docks, battery life is solid, there aren’t any frustrating touch-sensitive surfaces and the connectivity issues seem to be non-existent. I’ve used these earphones for about 18-24hrs in the last week, and I can definitively say that they’re the best earphones that Anker has produced to-date.

DSC00230.JPG
DSC00234.JPG

Specs and Features:
- 33ft of listening range, compliments of Bluetooth 5.0
- Three LED lights on the front of the charging container display battery life of internal battery
- IPX5 water/sweat resistance – don’t go swimming with them, but they aren’t fragile
- 3.5hrs of listening time
- 9 extra hours of playtime by recharging the earphones in their container on the go
- The charging dock/container doubles as a carrying case
- Comes with 4 different sets of ear tips, for your comfort and listening enjoyment
- Comes with 3 sets of ear stabilizers to help contour to your inner ear for a secure fit
- Graphene coated drivers offer stellar sound without distortion
- Fully charges in 1.5hrs
- Stereo sound for phone calls at the touch of your fingertips, with noise cancelling microphone technology
- Play/Pause Music, or answer phone calls with the touch of a button

DSC00250.JPG

Sound: I generally like to start here because the biggest question people want answer is “how do they sound?” Well, they sound great. The sound experience is very balanced and full. It doesn’t really hammer down on any area more than others, and the balance doesn’t wane or diminish as you crank the volume up. I’m half deaf so I always want my earphones to get just a little bit louder, but volume is more than adequate and ample. Bass is solid and kicks a little bit, but not so much that it erodes the highs or vocals. Vocals are smooth, fresh, and come through clearly with pretty much any kind of music you feel like listening to. The highs are well represented and crisp. The entire sound experience is solid. It isn’t tinny, it doesn’t feel forced, and it isn’t overpowered in any particular band. Overall they sound quality is very balanced, and complete.

DSC00241.JPG

Functionality: The Liberty Neo earphones are very easy to use and pair, so I’m not going to waste any words on that. One of the things I’d really like to hammer down on is the ability to use just one earphone at a time, which is probably my favorite feature. With some earphones it is a giant pain in the butt to get the earphones pair properly and then to only use one of them, or switching from two earphones to one, or vice-versa. I work in a professional office environment and can’t really be listening to music on my speakers, or wearing a pair of headphones or using both ear buds at the same time, so the ability to just pop one earphone in and listen to my music is convenient, and a real luxury. To pair the earphones, all you have to do is take them out of the container at the same time and the will automatically enter pairing mode. Once paired, you just put them back in the container to turn them off. If you want to listen to only one earphone at a time, you can use either the left or the right earphone. Simply pull it out of the container and it will automatically pair and start working!

In addition to that, each of the earphones have a built-in mic for phone calls, which works perfectly fine. I really don’t comment much on the phone call experience because I feel socially awkward walking around talking with earphones in my ears, but… for those of you who value this ability, it works perfectly fine.

The multi-function button has also made an appearance on each of the individual earphones this time so that you can answer phone calls, or play/pause your music with a simple touch of the button!
Finally, battery life is pretty solid. I never really have problems with them dying because I always place them back in the container to charge when not in use, but they will work for 3.5hrs on a full charge, and the storage container gives you an extra 9hrs of listening time by recharging them on the fly.

DSC00253.JPG

Comfort: The Soundcore Liberty Neo earphones are lightweight, comfortable, and fit securely in your ear. Thankfully they come with three (3) different sets of ear stabilizers and four (4) sets of ear tips so that you can plug-and-play with them to find the right fit and comfort level for your ears. Earphones have always been something I haven’t cared for up until the past year or two as I’ve been able to get my hands on earphones with adjustable pieces on them. I don’t have the world’s smallest ears, but I can’t really use Apple earphones for more than about 20 minutes without them killing my ears. I need something that I can adjust and fit properly for my individual wear, and the Neos definitely allow me/you do to that.

Conclusion: The Soundcore Liberty Neo Bluetooth earphones are the earphones that you want, and deserve. They have a great sound experience, they’re comfortable, lightweight, and have lots of different options to fit into your day-to-day life, and listening style. One ear bud? Got you covered. Two ear buds? Got you covered. Charging on the go? Got you covered. They are a solid set of earphones and offer the complete experience, all for the low price of $59.99. You really can’t go wrong, and I don’t think there’s much out there anywhere near this price range that will compete with the Neos.

If you’re interested in picking up a pair of Anker’s Soundcore Liberty Neo earphones, you can find them on Anker’s website for the solid price of $59.99 - https://www.soundcore.com/products/variant/liberty-neo/A3906012 - As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Attachments

• DSC00245.JPG
    DSC00245.JPG
    446.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards