Why do people act like the iPhone 6 Plus is the first big phone ever made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I know what isheeps are. No need for further explanation. My point is Android has their sheeps as well.

Explain how please.

Fanboyism I understand,uneducated I can deal with... but sheeple... Impossible. The very nature of Android keeps this from being possible.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Explain how please.

Fanboyism I understand,uneducated I can deal with... but sheeple... Impossible. The very nature of Android keeps this from being possible.

So Android is immune to sheeple. You keep thinking that and live your happy life. Ignorance is bliss.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
So Android is immune to sheeple. You keep thinking that and live your happy life. Ignorance is bliss.
The only ignorance in this is your refusal to understand the difference between platforms and the appropriate terminology

You can continue to believing what you want, but if you can't explain why then you are just trying to start a needless argument.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Needless argument? All I said that Android has its sheep's too. But because you feel the need to defend your precious mobile OS and its users because according to you, it's totally impossible to has any sheep for your beloved Android you can't accept it. Do you even know the Sheeple terminology? Just in case you don't.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sheeple

sheeple Translate Button
/ˈʃiːpəl/
noun (functioning as pl)
(informal) people who tend to follow the majority in matters of opinion, taste, etc

You are basically saying Android doesn't have people who tend to follow the majority in matters of opinion, taste, etc.

Android is the majority with market share. The majority of AndroidCentral tend to follow each other in matters of opinion, taste, etc. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here asking questions about their Android device, which Android device to get, posting photos taken on their Android devices, etc. People want to relate with people with the same interests which tend to "herd" to either Android or iOS forums.

Brandon Lee Roy

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Ask ur self, why does apple users always stick to apple products, when getting an android is much easier. Having an open source that u can download ANYTHING u want with not having to pay for most things. With android u can root, exteenal sd card, and have the option to buy different kinds. What do apple give u besides the same **** every year?

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ask ur self, why does apple users always stick to apple products, when getting an android is much easier. Having an open source that u can download ANYTHING u want with not having to pay for most things. With android u can root, exteenal sd card, and have the option to buy different kinds. What do apple give u besides the same **** every year?

Ford or Chevy
Car or truck
Domestic or import
Coke or Pepsi
Windows or OSX
Black or white
Blonde or brunette

Why do you act like everybody has the same preferences. Open source has its drawbacks. It allows manufacturers and carriers to molest the OS as they please. When they are done, they close and lock the bootloader. Just look at how laggy Samsung devices are with TW. Apple users stick to Apple because they may like the ease of use and the ecosystem. They may not care about customizing their device because they may have better or more important things to do. Most of the Android owners I know don't even know how to use a quarter of the features Android devices have. They just use them for texting, Facebook, calls, Instagram and taking photos. Yes, you can side load cracked apps because you're too cheap to pay for the developers hard work but you spend hundreds or dollars for the device and accessories. SMH. And people wonder why devs prefer to create apps for iOS before Android. For the most part, Apple provides reliability and optimization. Apple provides the same every year? If that's the case the iPhone 6/6+ would be the same as the 1st gen iPhone. I don't think the latest iPhone has the same size, display, camera, CPU/GPU, battery, RAM, etc. as the original iPhone. That statement is fanboyism at its finest.

Last edited:

JohnBoy412

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read all the replies so I am sure somebody already mentioned this, but it is the general apple fanbase.
However, you can also see it with many other phone and technology fanbases.

Why did people act like apple was the first one with a high res screen? a high res camera? a finger scanner? NFC? etc etc..
Apple wasn't the first with a lot of the things they released, but they always release it like they were the first.. fans fall for it and choose to ignore the obvious.
Even if Apple doesn't claim they were the first, fans usually start telling themselves that Apple is the first and that Apple is the best so they can stroke their pride/ego and get reassurance that they didn't just waste $600 on tech that isn't that special.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people get so worked up about marketing.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Needless argument? All I said that Android has its sheep's too. But because you feel the need to defend your precious mobile OS and its users because according to you, it's totally impossible to has any sheep for your beloved Android you can't accept it. Do you even know the Sheeple terminology? Just in case you don't.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sheeple

sheeple Translate Button
/ˈʃiːpəl/
noun (functioning as pl)
(informal) people who tend to follow the majority in matters of opinion, taste, etc

You are basically saying Android doesn't have people who tend to follow the majority in matters of opinion, taste, etc.

Android is the majority with market share. The majority of AndroidCentral tend to follow each other in matters of opinion, taste, etc. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here asking questions about their Android device, which Android device to get, posting photos taken on their Android devices, etc. People want to relate with people with the same interests which tend to "herd" to either Android or iOS forums.

Oh BS... people here ask which phone others prefer to get an idea of what others have to say about them when comparing the multitude of choices. Isheeps have no choice but for the 2 sizes.

Android users as a whole aren't sheep and if you only know ignorant people that is just a reflection on you.

My precious os.... Seriously?

My os is about choice Your's is about conformity and following the herd.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh BS... people here ask which phone others prefer to get an idea of what others have to say about them when comparing the multitude of choices. Isheeps have no choice but for the 2 sizes.

Android users as a whole aren't sheep and if you only know ignorant people that is just a reflection on you.

My precious os.... Seriously?

My os is about choice Your's is about conformity and following the herd.

Don't get so emotional defending Android and it's sheeps because they do exist. I have owned iOS devices since 2008 but I also "choose" to use other platforms and I know many others who do the same. See how that works? We actually chose to use multiple platforms. Like I said before, people prefer different things. Android is not for everybody just like iOS is not for everybody. I'll admit I know ignorant people and I'm ignorant on other things. It just means they are not as knowledgeable. I'm pretty sure your pretty ignorant about certain things. Does that make you dumb? Of course not. You're not omniscient. Nobody is. You just refuse to admit that Android has its sheeps that chose Android without ever trying out others because they were told other platforms are inferior. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that fall under this category.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Don't get so emotional defending Android and it's sheeps because they do exist. I have owned iOS devices since 2008 but I also "choose" to use other platforms and I know many others who do the same. See how that works? We actually chose to use multiple platforms. Like I said before, people prefer different things. Android is not for everybody just like iOS is not for everybody. I'll admit I know ignorant people and I'm ignorant on other things. It just means they are not as knowledgeable. I'm pretty sure your pretty ignorant about certain things. Does that make you dumb? Of course not. You're not omniscient. Nobody is. You just refuse to admit that Android has its sheeps that chose Android without ever trying out others because they were told other platforms are inferior. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that fall under this category.
Big deal because you choose to use other platforms... That's irrelevant.... ISheep follow the herd and there is no herd mentality with Android, we are all different since there are so many faces of Android while Isheeps revel in being the same, it's what their ecosystem is based on. Grow up.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Big deal because you choose to use other platforms... That's irrelevant.... ISheep follow the herd and there is no herd mentality with Android, we are all different since there are so many faces of Android while Isheeps revel in being the same, it's what their ecosystem is based on. Grow up.

According to you, anybody that chooses iOS over other platforms are iSheep? What about all who came from Android and didn't like it because of bad experience? Your acting like a little kid that's covering your ears because you don't want to hear the truth. I've explained over and over again how a lot of Android user choose Android because of what's been told to them and not from any past experience. They are following and not actually thinking for themselves to make a sound decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali