Why do you want Android 13/OneUI 5.0?

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So, as I've said several times in various threads, there's nothing in the latest release, barring security updates, that I give a hoot about, and I'm putting off the update for months after it gets to me in order to make sure everything seems fat, dumb, and happy.

I'm curious though, what are those of you, who are anxiously awaiting the release, looking forward to?

Is it just security updates, you just want the latest and greatest, or are there actual features/enhancements you're frothing at the mouth to get, lol?

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, but I know about the changes, and have watched countless YouTube videos on it, but none of them pertain to any of my use cases, or just how I use my phone. I'm really not interested in any of the new stuff.

However, many are, and I'm just curious as to what, specifically if anything, folks are looking forward to.

Customizing the lock screen right on the lock screen? The additional color palette stuff? The little graph thing that shows nearby wifi networks' strength? Camera enhancements? The maintenance mode thing, etc?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Without knowing your, "my use cases", I can say that the Modes and Routines are a big hit with me even though I did not know that I wanted it before it arrived. Now that it has, I find it very configurable and useful on a daily basis.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, but I know about the changes, and have watched countless YouTube videos on it, but none of them pertain to any of my use cases, or just how I use my phone. I'm really not interested in any of the new stuff.

However, many are, and I'm just curious as to what, specifically if anything, folks are looking forward to.

Customizing the lock screen right on the lock screen? The additional color palette stuff? The little graph thing that shows nearby wifi networks' strength? Camera enhancements? The maintenance mode thing, etc?
Im liking all the changes

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Without knowing your, "my use cases", I can say that the Modes and Routines are a big hit with me even though I did not know that I wanted it before it arrived. Now that it has, I find it very configurable and useful on a daily basis.

I simply mean that as I've reviewed the changes, watched YouTube videos, nothing stands out to me saying, "I gots ta haz dis."

There's just nothing that would enhance the way that I use my phone that's worth me risking the various issues reported across various devices. I never, ever, take software updates for anything at all, Windows, etc, until they've undergone more testing in the real world by masses of users with various phones/devices, apps, configurations, etc.

The extremely small population that takes part in beta programs is simply not enough testing.

Having said all of that, prior to realizing that you enjoy the new Modes & Routines enhancements, was there anything specific you thought was cool and wanted?

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Oh, and I already use Bixby Routines, it's a pretty cool thing for sure.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

One thing i like is they made minor tweaks without completely overhauling things which is why u dont see major change .

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I was looking forward to several of the changes, and I'm glad I got them. The one specifically, off the top of my head, is being able to copy text from images... I've used that feature several times already.

If you are ok waiting to update your phone, go ahead and wait. I don't see anybody calling you out for waiting.

Those of us who like having the update sooner are not automatically idiots. If you want to wait for all the bugs to be worked out, you need a bunch of us to do the update so the bugs are identified to be worked on.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I was looking forward to several of the changes, and I'm glad I got them. The one specifically, off the top of my head, is being able to copy text from images... I've used that feature several times already.

If you are ok waiting to update your phone, go ahead and wait. I don't see anybody calling you out for waiting.

Those of us who like having the update sooner are not automatically idiots. If you want to wait for all the bugs to be worked out, you need a bunch of us to do the update so the bugs are identified to be worked on.

Please, no no no, I didn't mean to imply idiots or anything offensive of the sort, and if my commentary was taken that way, I sincerely apologize.

It does however mean that you're more daring than I am, lol.

If there were anything in it that I personally was really jonesing to have, I'd update when it's available to me, but I'm not, so I won't. I'm just genuinely curious as to what new, if anything, is getting folks excited to update.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Please, no no no, I didn't mean to imply idiots or anything offensive of the sort, and if my commentary was taken that way, I sincerely apologize.

It does however mean that you're more daring than I am, lol.

If there were anything in it that I personally was really jonesing to have, I'd update when it's available to me, but I'm not, so I won't. I'm just genuinely curious as to what new, if anything, is getting folks excited to update.
My apologies too I took this as if you were saying you couldn't believe anyone would want the update this soon...

I did skip the beta because I have RSA and VPN login apps on my phone that I need to connect to work. I couldn't risk not being able to work just because I wanted to see the changes in beta...

But I feel pretty comfortable once the stable version is released.

I've had a great experience so far on this release if that helps you feel comfortable. (I am on the S22 Ultra, so take that with a grain of salt for the Z Fold)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFG