Why does Firefox now crash after updating my HTC One M8 to Lollipop?

A

AC Question

Verizon updated my HTC One M8 today with android 5.0.1. Now my Firefox browser crashes immediately on its boot up. I reinstalled Firefox to make sure I had the latest version and rebooted my phone - no help.

??

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Firefox may not be playing well with the new version of Android. I would email the developer and explain what is going on. Give information like model of phone and OS you are running.

JRW330

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my HTC One M8 with Firefox as soon as it starts up..completely freezes and then wants to send a report to google.
I think they dont want you using Firefox. P.O.S. google.
The Lollipop 5.01 SUCKS big time

snorp

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I work on the Firefox for Android team, and there is a problem specific to the 5.0.1 update for this device. We're working on rolling out an update to work around it right now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Luigi524td

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Firefox crashes after updating my HTC One M8 to Lollipop?

Work faster - I rely on Firefox and my HTC M8. Trouble shot the usual including uninstall - reinstall and it's obvious Mozilla wasn't ready for Lollipop :-(

Problem remains today Mar 12th!

Adam Haniewich

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Firefox crashes after launching. The home screen appears briefly before crashing. I have an HTC One M8 with android version 5.0.1. I would like an update on when the expected fix will be available.

rbarcher

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Thankfully, Verizon pushed the update for Firefox to version 36.0.2 on yesterday evening. It’s now fully compatible with Android 5.0.1 ... no more crashes after launching Firefox on my HTC One M8. Mozilla Firefox Screenshot V36.0.2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcweir