why does my g4 get so friggin hot?

Caleb Loschiavo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've had my lg g4 for almost 2 months now and there's no obvious reason why it should be getting so hot, that it almost burns my hand. I thought it might be because if the marshmallow update, so I flashed back to marshmallow for about a week. I still had the same problem. No premium phone such as this should have this problem. And I've already heard the whole spiel about "blah blah turn your brightness down and close all apps in the background blah blah" but I have always consistently done this to begin with. While at home I keep my brightness at 0% and it still gets unbearably hot. Why the hell is this **** happening?

Posted via the Android Central App

kraze4u

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Keep your data network off when not in use to keep the heat down on your phone. A hot phone equals a hot motherboard which could lead to bigger issues.

Caleb Loschiavo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't use mobile data. Just WiFi. And none of the apps are hogging my battery any more than 6% on more heavily used apps

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
What are you doing when it gets hot? Also a increase in body temperature can contribute to system temp as I've noticed

Seeing as phones don't have a way of dissipating heat (no fans etc) they must rely on build quality and material etc to disperse the heat

If it really bothers you just get a case or something

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
My G4 gets pretty hot when it's running in my car on the dock due to solar loading. It's likely due, in part, to the nice black leather back on it. I solved that problem with my last phone with a white case.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If I have my phone in the car holder and the sun hits it! It's over I have to have the defrost on high and freezing cold in order to keep it cool especially when I'm charging it LOL

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
#1 gps uses lots of power, and can drain the battery quicker, but generally not going to add noticable heat to the phone

#2 cellular and mobile data arn't going to add any heat either.

You have 3 sources of heat, the battery which generally only heats up during the charging cycle, the cpu which heats up when a high amount of cpu is being used, and the display when on for longer then usual periods of time.

If your phone heats up during little or no use, an app has usually gone rogue. use the battery window to see what app is using the most battery power (which it is doing because it is constantly using the cpu).

Caleb Loschiavo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Usually I am just at the home screen or using Facebook, messenger, or other basic apps when it starts heating up.but I do have the leather back and a case on it so that's probably a big factor

enzo_mmx

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
In my case it was my exchange accounts trying to sync with the native mail app. After I removed it and used the outlook app all was back to normal. guess is you have a app running abnormally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024