Why does my Galaxy S9 only lock once?

xibal

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
I am experiencing strange behavior. I recently downloaded and applied a free theme to my phone. My phone is secured by a pattern lock. Now, when I turn off the screen and turn it back on, the pattern is no longer shown; it acts as if I never set a pattern lock. The pattern lock will show if I restart the phone, but it will only show once; turning the screen off and back on will bypass the pattern lock.

I have perused through the settings for a while:
- Smart lock settings are disabled
- Make pattern visible is enabled in the secure lock settings
- Biometrics are disabled
- Always On Display is disabled

Am I missing something? I tried downloading and applying another theme, but the issue remains. is this a bug?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What's the lock time and what's the screen timeout time?

If the screen times out in, say, 30 seconds, but the lockscreen locks in 5 minutes, you'll have 4-1/2 minutes during which there's no lock. Check the times (and whether pressing the power switch turns the lock screen on immediately).

If that doesn't fix it, remove the theme, and email the developer - it's a bug in the theme somehow.

xibal

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
Yes, you are right. I had my screen lock time set to 10 minutes. Changed it to lock immediately after the screen turns off and all is well. Chalk it up to user error. ;)

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam