Why Does my S5 Active Think it Has no Storage Left on the Phone?

sva50233

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an s5 active, which I have been using in airplane mode only for the last 8 months, I haven't downloaded any new apps except one news reader, crossword puzzle, hexic2048, Lookout and WhatsApp.

I tried downloading my gmail emails and it told me I have no space left on my phone.

Hooked my phone up to my computer to look at the file structure. It tells me that I have only 328mb left on the phone.
phonecontents1.jpg
However when I go into the phone (when I open the phone folder structure, as opposed to the memory card folders), and I right click on the sumtotal of all files, it tells me that I only have 52.8mb used.

phonecontents.jpg

I planned on manually transferring the files from the phone to the memory card or to my computer once it was hooked up, but this makes no sense.

Is this...I dunno...a virus that's tricking my phone into thinking its running out of space?
I am not very familiar with Android file systems. I do know Windows. It's probably likely that I am not looking in the correct folder for the bulk of the data that is taking up all the space on my phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a virus. Probably an app mis reporting storage use. I would suggest this, pull any media you want to keep from the phone and delete that. That might free up more space than you realize.

Can you show a screenshot of the storage stats, too please?

sva50233

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it's a virus. Probably an app mis reporting storage use. I would suggest this, pull any media you want to keep from the phone and delete that. That might free up more space than you realize.

Can you show a screenshot of the storage stats, too please?

Yes, I hope this is the storage stats you requested:

SCPt7H.jpg

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why not open the Miscellaneous Files Folder and see what it in there. It'll give a file-by-file list. You can then delete any or all of the files.

captivated1971

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Why not open the Miscellaneous Files Folder and see what it in there. It'll give a file-by-file list. You can then delete any or all of the files.

This is becuz with the mm update samsung dropped adoptive storage. Meaning no apps to sd nemore and things of that sort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patti kalich

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site

I'm trying to reply to whom told u to open misc. files to see what they are then delete what don't need. But I guess it goes on same page ? You can not open the files I've tried to see what each folder has in it but they don't open. So how do u know what to delete or what will mess up apps or make photos or mes. disappear How do u know My ph. has been out of storage since 2 mon. old I can't update I don't play games do unload anything watch movies listen to music Most of my storage / files apps show very little space or data yet I have 0.89MBs left in free? ph is only 8 mons old

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky