Why does my Samsung Galaxy S4 get so heated an the battery drains so fast?

A

AC Question

samsung galaxy s4 heat and battery drain issue

i have bought the new galaxy s4 (exynos) . the device boasts of good specifications but in reality it 1)heats up very high under normal usage 2)battery drains very fast 3)large amount of ram is consumed even under idle state.
i am ready to root my device. i just want a comprehensive list of all useless apps and services provided by samsung that i can somehow uninstall and my device will be safe.
even if there are some useless google services i am ready to uninstall .i just want a detailed list and step by step procedure as to how to do it by anyone. pls help

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s4 heat and battery drain issue

There are some things to mention before rooting:
Rooting will void your warranty!
Backup your important data! But, if it is new, you maybe won't have a lot of important! You can use Holo Backup (PC-only) to backup your phone completely without root!
Rooting your phone has little chance of bricking (making device unusable)!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s4 heat and battery drain issue

i have bought the new galaxy s4 (exynos) . the device boasts of good specifications but in reality it 1)heats up very high under normal usage 2)battery drains very fast 3)large amount of ram is consumed even under idle state.
New device - doesn't work right. That adds up to "bring it back".

BTE, Android isn't Windows - it "wants" as much RAM to be used as possible. Unused RAM is wasted RAM in Android. If, under idle state, less than 50% of RAM is being used, something is wrong. I prefer to see something like 75% or more in use. (If an app is already in RAM, running it will be almost instantaneous - it doesn't have to load from storage. That saves battery too.)

i am ready to root my device. i just want a comprehensive list of all useless apps and services provided by samsung that i can somehow uninstall and my device will be safe.
There are threads on XDA Forums with lists for just about every phone.

i just want a detailed list and step by step procedure as to how to do it
Get the list. The procedure is simple - either use Application manager and uninstall every app you don't want, use Link2SD to uninstall every app you don't want or run a sccript (if you trust the person who wrote it) to uninstall the apps.

My suggestions are 1) don't uninstall any apps unless you need the space. An app being installed doesn't cost anything, and 2) freeze an app before uninstalling it. If the phone needs the app, and it's a system app, you might have to reflash the ROM if you uninstalled the app. If you froze it, you just unfreeze it. (After the phone is running for a month with an app frozen, you can assume that the phone doesn't need it and you can uninstall it.)

Rooting depends on the phone, the version of Android and the carrier. Towel Root only works on 4.4.2 with a kernel date up to June 2, 2014. iRoot is about the same. I don't think there's an exploit yet for the S4 on Lollipop for most (if any) carriers. You can check in the Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500, i9505, i9505G, i9506 - XDA Forums subforums - that's usually where you'll find it first (because that's where the people who do that sort of thing post).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024