Why does my Samsung not update when it's scheduled to?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It's an S21 5G. Whenever it has an update it gives me a pop-up offering to install now or schedule. I always schedule it for around 2-3 am but it won't install until later when I am awake and actively on it. This has been an issue on several past galaxy phones as well. It just seems to completely ignore the scheduled time and waits until the phone is in active use - you can imagine why this is inconvenient.

Some details:
- there is NO auto-restart enabled
- phone is plugged in every night
- phone is powered on
- update information does not change when I check, and it still has the "update ready" banner
- no power saver options are enabled
- no third party battery apps installed

TimberWolf92

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
That's something you should send a error report to Samsung, there no way to diagnose that .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

I've been googling it since posting it and it seems this question is posted quite a bit with Samsung users, but no one ever has any answers. Seems like Samsung has been ignoring it for years. Still hoping someone might have answers.

TimberWolf92

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
I tried to send a reply and apparently it didn't work... It said it was going to post but it hasn't yet. Basically I had said something along the lines of other posts here (of which there are many) suggested it's a Samsung issue and I hope someone else has actual answers

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been googling it since posting it and it seems this question is posted quite a bit with Samsung users, but no one ever has any answers. Seems like Samsung has been ignoring it for years. Still hoping someone might have answers.
Welcome to AC!
This question also been here once in awhile, like I mentioned nothing a user can do about this except file a complaint to Samsung if they don't listen or fix the issue I'm not sure anything can be done by the user , I do have extensive experience with Samsung devices and troubleshooting but this one I don't see a fix without Samsung end.