Why does my stylo 4+ have such weak wifi reception?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried it on multiple different networks so i know it's not my router. My lg stylo 4+ is 3 months old and has always had this problem. My previous phone, Samsung J7, could steam video smoothly from the entrance/bottom of my driveway, approx 80yds away from my router. My stylo 4 gets glitchy on my front porch and loses connection at the top of my driveway, 20 yds away from my router. In other networks i have to be in visual distance from the router to connect. I've had only one other issue with this phone, when listening to Pandora, if i receive a phone call and answer it, Pandora resets and i lose whatever song i was listening to. Sucks but i can live with it. The wifi issue however, has me quite irritated. I only pay for wifi because 4g is spotty in my area. Now it seems my $250 phone is just too cheap for wifi. I'm doubting changing settings can solve this issue. Is hardware upgrade really my only option? So not worth it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone connecting to a 5 GHz wi-fi band or 2.4 GHz? If you're using 802.11n, then 5 GHz will have worse range than 2.4 GHz (but if you're using 802.11ac, this shouldn't matter).