Why has my headphone jack stopped working for my Samsung Tab 4?

A

AC Question

headphone jack not working for samsung tab 4

Hi guys. I have a samsung tab 4 thats been working pretty well for the few months i've have had it and i decided to get a new pair of headphones for myself. Although one day i go to play my music and the volume is super low but its says on my device that its cranked up all the way. I checked that it wasnt the headphones and they workes fine on my computer and phone. I also checked by plugging in old headsets i had to see if the problem persisted with those and it did. I have checked if my jack is clean and it is. If anyone has any idea what is goinf on with my device pleeeeeeaaaaase help me out. My device is rooted if this info is helpful.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: headphone jack not working for samsung tab 4

Welcome to Android Central! First--and I know this may sound silly--but are you sure the plug is in all the way? Some headphone jacks can be pretty tight, and people can be wary of pushing in too hard because they're afraid of breaking something. Make sure you feel or hear the plug click into place.

How did you check the jack to make sure it was clean? Use a damp toothpick to root around, or use a can of compressed air to blow it out vigorously.

In any case, the issue seems to lie with the jack. If the problem persists, you might have to look into replacing that part.

zimtekcom

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

My HTC had the same issue (sudden extreme drop in volume at headphone jack).
I tried various apps to try to increase the headset volume.
I tried rebooting phone, I tried shutting off and restarting.

The Fix:
Under Power settings, I disabled quick boot (which is like windows hibernate)
Then shut off and started the phone (not a reboot) but a full shut off.
This full restart cleared up the issue.

Even though the headset was plugged in the sound initially came from the phone speakers
I reseated the headphones and they are now at full volume... Success..!!

Wow, Android has a long way to go before they no longer SUCK..!!
Good thing the children developers of today don't build airplanes or we'd all be dead.

Sheesh..!!

Ana2390 1

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
That halped me too! I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab4. The sound on the headphones was extreemly silent. So I pushed power button and hold it until the device shut down and restarted,... and it worked - the sound is playing again!

maahiparadise

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why has my headphone jack stopped working for my Samsung Tab 3/4?

I had the same problem my phone speakers worked fine unlike the earphones/headphones in which sound is too low even if volume is full.

SOLUTION: Just press and hols power button till the phone shutdown and restart again as soon as samsung logo appears release the power button(if u will not release.then it will restart again and again) :p
Now, You can listen to the same volume it was before ;)
Thank you

Erin440

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! For two weeks I've been trying everything from apps for sound boost,, cleaning the headphone port, resetting, and going threw the sound settings. Nothing helped.Then I found your comment in this forum and did what you suggested, I held the power button down until it powered off on its own without me clicking the power off option on the screen. When it powered on I had little faith it was going to work "because nothing else did not even reseting it", But I plugged in my ear buds and was so happy to hear the sound again. Before I could barely hear anything. Again.....THANK YOU!

C Uzibeatle

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Just a FYI for people who may have had same issue I had with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with pen (fresh
from the box today via Amazon). I had no audio output on the audio jack with any external speaker of headphone I have here.
Internal speaker worked fine.

A net search led me here https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/172833/Why+won't+my+tablet+produce+sound
and the TLDR fix for my device was to power it down all the way, then plug the headphone in till it clicked securely.
Then while holding the volume button down engage the power up button and keep holding the volume button down until
the device booted up to the log in display. By that time I could hear that the headphones were now working.
Fixed.
Now the device properly detects mini plug insertions on that jack and also detects when unplugged and the internal (weak
as hell) speakers work.

I would have been returning the device by now for exchange.
I don't know if this is ANdroid issue or some silly stupid issue with Samsung.... anyway. HOpe this helps someone.

Sanjit2017

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Headphones loosely getting connected to the Phone and Laptop

I read all the above posts and the problem is still there. I noticed that after plugging in the headphones, when I lightly turn the jack a bit clockwise or anti-clockwise or a little upside, it works suddenly and then again after some seconds, it looses connection. This thing happened with my Samsung Note 4 and then I checked with my Laptop. The problem persisted on the laptop. So, I concluded it must be a case of loose connection of the headset-jack with the device. Any suggestions, what should be my next step?

Thanks in advance.

Sanjit

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys. I have a samsung tab 4 thats been working pretty well for the few months i've have had it and i decided to get a new pair of headphones for myself. Although one day i go to play my music and the volume is super low but its says on my device that its cranked up all the way. I checked that it wasnt the headphones and they workes fine on my computer and phone. I also checked by plugging in old headsets i had to see if the problem persisted with those and it did. I have checked if my jack is clean and it is. If anyone has any idea what is goinf on with my device pleeeeeeaaaaase help me out. My device is rooted if this info is helpful.

Thanks.

I had a problem with an LG phone that a factory reset took care of. My problem was low volume

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There could be some debris in the jack, or the jack might be damaged such that the headphone plug no longer remains well-seated. Use a can of compressed air to blow out the jack. If the jack is clear, then you probably need to bring it to a repair shop.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some plugs are just a biot too wide to fit all the way into the jack, which has a hole in the plastic of the case that's just too narrow. If you push you make contact, but the plug doesn't really go all the way in. You let go and it "oozes" out 0.001", which is just enough to lose contact. If that's the case (you can see it if you look closely), I use some sandpaper, held down on a table sand up, to gently rub the plastic part of the plug for about 1/4 of its length up, starting at the end that goes into the phone - just a few rubs, then turn, then a few more rubs, etc., until the whole bottom of the plastic part of the plug is a bit smaller. Then it fits better and stays in.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000