Why has the OTA Lollipop upgrade caused my Nexus 5 to operate erratically?

dugsurf

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
OTA Lollipop upgrade upgrade causes my Nexus 5 to operate erratically.

I was excited to install this upgrade but now I realize it's over complicated and doesn't allow me to control my phone to the same degree as before. It even changed my ringtones to different ones that I can barely hear. Writing this simple post is a chore because the phone randomly takes over input adding words and skipping the cursor to places in the text that I didn't choose. Does anyone else find Lollipop glitchy and intrusive?

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: OTA Lollipop upgrade upgrade causes my Nexus 5 to operate erratically.

I was excited to install this upgrade but now I realize it's over complicated and doesn't allow me to control my phone to the same degree as before. It even changed my ringtones to different ones that I can barely hear. Writing this simple post is a chore because the phone randomly takes over input adding words and skipping the cursor to places in the text that I didn't choose. Does anyone else find Lollipop glitchy and intrusive?

It sounds like a bad install to me. Mine is smooth and fast. I did wipe the cache partition though.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: OTA Lollipop upgrade upgrade causes my Nexus 5 to operate erratically.

Mine works very well, too. I flashed the factory image since I had a custom ROM before. No issue at all.