Why I decided to ditch my Oneplus 3T

Samuel Weiner

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
Sure, it was a good phone. Fast, efficient, sleek and powerful. But, a mixture of poor customer service and poor network issues pissed me off. I bought it, under the impression it worked perfectly, or close too, under AT&T. I pooped my sim from my Nexus 5X(yes, I still have that) and, well, that's where the issues began. It would very, rarely, connect to the 3G service, not 4G or LTE like my NExus could. By rarely, I mean for a 1 to 2 hour span once or twice a day. And even in that block of time, my data didn't work for the internet well, and I had trouble sending texts and making calls. I was forced to reboot my phone any time i wanted to send a text or use the internet. I went to the Oneplus support, who was of no help at all, they just told me it was a carrier issue. I went to AT&T who said that it must be a phone issue if my sim and my old phone could connect to LTE perfectly. So, i decided to return my phone, which Oneplus decided to drag into a multi-day process, trying to get me to not return it. I am very disappointed in my experience with OnePlus, I will not by the OP5, and will move to a new phone. I may in the future, attempt to come back to OnePlus, but only if I see real changes being made about the network connectivity issues, something I see many other people having troubles with.

kc2kth

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like a user issue. This is definitely not the experience of most of us OnePlus users on AT&T or any other US carrier network as is well documented here. Good luck with whatever device you select though.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've never ran into these problems on my OnePlus 3T. I use straight talk at&t sim and have had nothing but great service connection from day one.. I had a Nexus 6 before this 3T, and haven't noticed any difference in connectivity between the two..

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm near positive it's too late, but that sounds like an issue with not registering the IMEI with at&t. Especially is coming from a different phone and popping in the same sim card. Not sure if that was done or not, but I've also never heard of this issue.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sure, it was a good phone. Fast, efficient, sleek and powerful. But, a mixture of poor customer service and poor network issues pissed me off. I bought it, under the impression it worked perfectly, or close too, under AT&T. I pooped my sim from my Nexus 5X(yes, I still have that) and, well, that's where the issues began. It would very, rarely, connect to the 3G service, not 4G or LTE like my NExus could. By rarely, I mean for a 1 to 2 hour span once or twice a day. And even in that block of time, my data didn't work for the internet well, and I had trouble sending texts and making calls. I was forced to reboot my phone any time i wanted to send a text or use the internet. I went to the Oneplus support, who was of no help at all, they just told me it was a carrier issue. I went to AT&T who said that it must be a phone issue if my sim and my old phone could connect to LTE perfectly. So, i decided to return my phone, which Oneplus decided to drag into a multi-day process, trying to get me to not return it. I am very disappointed in my experience with OnePlus, I will not by the OP5, and will move to a new phone. I may in the future, attempt to come back to OnePlus, but only if I see real changes being made about the network connectivity issues, something I see many other people having troubles with.

Did you check the APN settings and mobile network settings? You may have to configure that on your own. Unlocked phones don't come preconfigured.

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Very unfortunate, I have TMobile and have an excellent service, heavy data and text use over their network. I have heard horror stories though of certain unlock phones being used on att and not properly registering on the network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit