Why im returning my Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Funny that actually makes me like the phone more since my thumb naturally grips the right. Sorry to all the lefties but right is right lol jk. Really enjoy the right button placement though.
Might be the first time I've heard someone returning the phone because of the placement of the volume buttons.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Does gboard have fast voice typing like with Pixels? I remember Google never rolled that out to any other devices when it was launched

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does gboard have fast voice typing like with Pixels? I remember Google never rolled that out to any other devices when it was launched
There is voice typing on Gboard and I can use on both my 4 XL and S20 Ultra. Is that not the same?

Google introduces so many features and we forget about them

How do you check fast voice typing? I can verify.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
a weeks use is the volume keys? Life is a continuous learning process and I've learnt a lot of people cant be adaptable and handle change... The fact that you have to make a thread to say your retuning your phone based on volume keys, flash light and emoji says a lot....or maybe trolling?
He should buy this instead of a smart phone since the flash light is the go to benchmark of how good a phone is!

I never cared to compared the brightness of any flashlight on a phone, I use it when I need it and it does the job. Period. He's just trying to find *any* reason to return it (buyer's remorse perhaps) and wants us to agree with him and tell him "good job!"

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try Samsung keyboard again and I've always used Gboard. I put a new theme on my phone and wanted to see if the Samsung keyboard matched the theme which it did not but I didn't realize how bad I hated Samsung keyboard Even speaking my text wasn't as good as Gboard and it was using Google voice. When I swiped it just wasn't swiping as good. It was horrible. I love Gboard!

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Tested on both 4 XL and Ultra, definitely much faster and instantaneous on the 4 XL compared to ultra. So nope not present in Gboard on Ultra.

Yeah, not sure why Google decided to exclude this feature from all other devices. At first I get it, was exclusively for Pixel, but it's been over a year now

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I decided to try Samsung keyboard again and I've always used Gboard. I put a new theme on my phone and wanted to see if the Samsung keyboard matched the theme which it did not but I didn't realize how bad I hated Samsung keyboard Even speaking my text wasn't as good as Gboard and it was using Google voice. When I swiped it just wasn't swiping as good. It was horrible. I love Gboard!

I'm the exact opposite, and I can't explain exactly why. I know after using Gboard it's a better keyboard, but something aesthetically turns me off about it. I've tried changing everything in the settings to make it look how I want, but it still looks a bit jarring for some reason to me.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long time Gboard user also until I got the S20 Ultra and discovered that Gboard isn't syncing my custom dictionary anymore. I had lot of words in the personal dictionary on my S10+ and none of them synced to the Ultra. I couldn't even find the option to turn it on in the settings anymore. So now I'm using SwiftKey.

Anyone else have this issue? Did your personal dictionary transfer from your other phones?

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So with Swift key or Gboard can you type and not do the swipe stuff. I hate that, I just want to type but want larger keys lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14