Why is my AT&T 4G LTE speed so slow?

BirchBarlow

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got the phone several months ago the 4G speed has been noticeably slower than the Wifi but I never actually ran a speed test until today and this is what I got...

7.41 Mbps up/5.45 Mbps down with 76 ms ping.

Is it just me or does that seem really slow considering AT&T boasts the fastest LTE network? What speeds do you people typically get for 4G whether you're on AT&T or another carrier? I know it's not going to be as fast as Wifi as cellular internet hasn't yet caught up to cable, but still don't you think it should be faster than what I get?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got the phone several months ago the 4G speed has been noticeably slower than the Wifi but I never actually ran a speed test until today and this is what I got...

7.41 Mbps up/5.45 Mbps down with 76 ms ping.

Is it just me or does that seem really slow considering AT&T boasts the fastest LTE network? What speeds do you people typically get for 4G whether you're on AT&T or another carrier? I know it's not going to be as fast as Wifi as cellular internet hasn't yet caught up to cable, but still don't you think it should be faster than what I get?

I get 28 MBPS down and 12 up on my T-Mobile GS4. It depends on where you live more than on your carrier. If you're in a metropolitan area it could be a lot slower because so many people are on the network. 7 is still fast, only time you need 40+ is when you're downloading something big

Posted via Android Central App

Fuego

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Chances are good that you're actually in a 4G LTE fringe area with those speeds and dropping back to 4G (non LTE). I'm in a good LTE area and tonight I'm getting 41ms pings w/ 24.6mbps down and 22.4 up. I've actually seen speeds up to 50% faster but I don't check that often

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

michaelboothe

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Skyrocket 4G/4G LTE. Until a few months ago, I didn't have LTE in my area. I was getting around 3 to 4 mbps speeds on 4G. LTE is now working in two cities about 30 miles from where I live. When in those cities, I get great speeds. However, in my town, I only get 2 mbps max on LTE. So, basically, I am using a faster technology and getting slower speeds. I can't find a way to go back to just 4G.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Skyrocket 4G/4G LTE. Until a few months ago, I didn't have LTE in my area. I was getting around 3 to 4 mbps speeds on 4G. LTE is now working in two cities about 30 miles from where I live. When in those cities, I get great speeds. However, in my town, I only get 2 mbps max on LTE. So, basically, I am using a faster technology and getting slower speeds. I can't find a way to go back to just 4G.

Go into your settings > connections > more networks > mobile networks amd select GSM/WCDMA only instead of LTE/GSM/WCDMA. You'll connect only to 4G even if the area has LTE

Posted via Android Central App

yensid05

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my Verizon 4G LTE Tablet speed so slow?

Hello!! I am a happy owner of a Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Tablet. It is moving VERY slow. I have cleared the cache on everything, deleted several pictures, got rid of some app's, reformatted my SD Card, I even tried a factory reset and it continues to run slow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this issue? And please try to dumb it for me!!! I'm computer illiterate!!! :D;)
Thanks in advance,
Yensid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej