Why is my battery draining so fast on Redmi Note 5 pro?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi guys, I've been using my Redmi Note 5 pro for almost two years now, and it has given a consistent good battery backup. But suddenly from yesterday, the battery is draining fast, and android system is taking up 35-36% of the battery. I am hardly getting 5 hours on-screen time. Also my phone constantly remains warm even when not used. I've seem some similar issues been posted on this forum and elsewhere also, but none of the solutions have improved the condition. The things I have tried are:
clearing cache of all apps, re-updating google play services, rebooting my phone, enabling battery optimization for Xiaomi services framework, killing Chrome process
Please help me!(And sorry for my English, its not my native language)

Mdeflamme

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
You'll have reset the battery usage stats, and monitor next time , to do that is charge to 100% then wait until about 20 percent see if its same

It is the same, because the battery was still draining by 1% every 3-4 minutes and the phone was still warm. I kept it in safe mode for 30 minutes. I took the screenshot to show the battery usage, it just happened to be while in safe mode. Is this caused by some google application?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Considering that this is happening in Safe Mode, it might be time to do a factory reset. If the problem persists after a factory reset, then the battery might be starting to fail. It wouldn't be that unusual at this point in time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is the same, because the battery was still draining by 1% every 3-4 minutes and the phone was still warm. I kept it in safe mode for 30 minutes. I took the screenshot to show the battery usage, it just happened to be while in safe mode. Is this caused by some google application?
Its possible, agree with B. Diddy if that's still happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174