Why is my brand new S6 so slow on Wi-Fi?

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am concerned now about the S6 not working with Wi-Fi! So it a fault in Android? But many Android phones work great with Wi-Fi since I seen it with my eyes! Is it just the S6 that does not work or is it some S6s do not work?

docle888

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
It worked for me KeganRomero!!! I've been trying to fix this for hours, and I know this is an older post, but I'm just so thankful! I tried to use 8.8.8.8 as DNS 1 instead of 8.8.4.4 as both. Thank you!

docle888

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I did it!! I fixed the problem! I even created an account just to share the love! Okay... in this order. (And sorry new to the form, so this may look a little sloppy)

1. Go to the wifi settings where you can view your wifi name.

2. Click and hold it until the settings thing pops up.

3. Click on modify network config.

4. Then click "Show Advanced Options"

5. Then go down to DNS 1 and change it to 8.8.4.4 (even know that's what DNS 2 says on mine, I just made them both the same anyways).

6. Click "Save"

7. Run a test and be amazed! I was only testing 1.23 mbps before I did it.

A WHOPPING 49.06MBPS AFTER I DID THESE STEPS! WOO HOO!

It worked for me!!! I've been trying to fix this for hours, and I know this is an older post, but I'm just so thankful! I tried to use 8.8.8.8 as DNS 1 instead of 8.8.4.4 as both. Thank you! Now I don't have to use that app :)

Last edited:

Gigs R

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
This just worked for me: from a previous posting. Add me to the list of happy campers.

HEY GUYS I HAVE FINNALY FOUND THE REAL FIX TO THIS PROBLEM. New to this FORUM btw, but I read it alot. I have the s6 Edge on Verizon and even though I'm showing full wifi signal and so was my wife's s5(she's on att&t) neither of us could barely get a page to load. I've done everything. Set manual channels. Disabled everything you can think of that might cause it on the phone. Disabled ipv6 in the router settings. Factory reset. Cache clean. Anything you can think of I've done it. Even tried to manually change the DNS to Google or something else. That didn't work but DNS IS THE PROBLEM. There's a problem with lollipop and DNS. And they are probably going to send an update eventually to fix it but I wasn't about to wait and I know my wife's s5 wouldn't get it.

So I was ready to return it. Anyway out if nowhere I found THE SOLUTION AND THE APP THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATELY TODAY. Go to the to the play store and download DNS SET. Forget your connection and re enter your WiFi password. Then open the DNSet app and check off auto run. Then hit the run button. INSTANT FIX! I SWEAR TO GOD. You have no idea how happy I was to see this work. I stopped a it and reopened it many times to see if it would always work and it does. Instant loads. Super fast speed. Christ I was outside of my house and even there everything was loading instantly like it should. YouTube instantaneous. Anything. It fixes the problem. Believe me I went through this and it works and it takes 5 mins to do it at most. It's was a life savor. Don't return your phone or get frustrated and say screw it. This works and I couldn't wait to frigging share it with everyone because I know how can frustrating it is. I was about to return my s6 edge today. Swear to God. The only thing it didn't work in was my friends s5 today on sprint and I don't know why. Something to do with sprint maybe. But it definitely works with verizon and attt.

marillion85

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
hi guys
I solved the problem doing another thing
I disabled the WPS on my router sitecom.
I tried all the things you wrote here (static ip,dsn set,first and second dsn the same etc) and nothing worked.
Just disable the WPS and now it works great!
hope this helps
Merry Xmas all!!!

Mario Dinis

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
DNSet worked for me. I'm using a S5 and two days ago got a software update and the wi-fi issues started right after that. I'm also with Comcast and last month they sent me a new modem/router which has been working ok. My wife has a S2 and has no wi-fi issues. Anyway, keep the solutions coming and thank you all for your help.

Jimjomtom

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
No problem
glad I could help. Not sure why the poster below you is saying it does not fix wifi. This is a known issue between Comcast and lollipop. Even Comcast as I just posted has recommended DNS set 2 people to fix the problem as I just found out 10 mins ago. As there is no fixed from Comcast at the moment. I am not sure why this guy below you is saying this does not fix wifi. Has nothing to do with just working on Google. None of my apps worked on wifi before this, and none of any one else's apps are working before downloading this, it's not just Google. now everything is working when I'm on wifi any app you can name that uses the Internet. this is an internal problem with DNS between Comcast and lollipop which is obviously directly related to wifi. So obviously it fixes the wifi issue. So im not sure what this guy's problem is below you or why he think I would lie. I couldn't wait to help you guys out. I know how frustrating it was and it felt great to find a fix. if this guy needs more evidence he could just look to you as you just posted it worked, or look at the 500,000 reviews that said it worked. This app has worked a miracle for me and many others and I'm trying to help people out. so the proof is in the pudding you can say it doesn't work all you want but it's working to the guy below you
There is a reason that everyone who has exhausted every possible solution including calling Samsung, their provider, and Comcast, could not fix their wifi. there is a reason that everyone who changed every single setting could still not get it to work. there is a reason that as soon as they downloaded this it worked. It's because it fixes the wifi problem so I'm not sure what he's talking about. Anyway I'm glad I could help and I'm sure you're very happy that you finally have wifi and fast wifi at that.

and as far as security goes , with the DNSet app I checked it and the IP address does not change with it on or off. The VPN is requred on Android to re-route the DNS lookup but does not route the data through the VPN. It's a workaround for the security hardcoded into the Android system

I can't thank you enough for the solution. Samsung need's to do a bug fix but for now you've saved my phone otherwise I was about to toss it away.

John Dishman

May 12, 2014
Visit site
HEY GUYS I HAVE FINNALY FOUND THE REAL FIX TO THIS PROBLEM. New to this FORUM btw, but I read it alot. I have the s6 Edge on Verizon and even though I'm showing full wifi signal and so was my wife's s5(she's on att&t) neither of us could barely get a page to load. I've done everything. Set manual channels. Disabled everything you can think of that might cause it on the phone. Disabled ipv6 in the router settings. Factory reset. Cache clean. Anything you can think of I've done it. Even tried to manually change the DNS to Google or something else. That didn't work but DNS IS THE PROBLEM. There's a problem with lollipop and DNS. And they are probably going to send an update eventually to fix it but I wasn't about to wait and I know my wife's s5 wouldn't get it.

So I was ready to return it. Anyway out if nowhere I found THE SOLUTION AND THE APP THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATELY TODAY. Go to the to the play store and download DNS SET. Forget your connection and re enter your WiFi password. Then open the DNSet app and check off auto run. Then hit the run button. INSTANT FIX! I SWEAR TO GOD. You have no idea how happy I was to see this work. I stopped a it and reopened it many times to see if it would always work and it does. Instant loads. Super fast speed. Christ I was outside of my house and even there everything was loading instantly like it should. YouTube instantaneous. Anything. It fixes the problem. Believe me I went through this and it works and it takes 5 mins to do it at most. It's was a life savor. Don't return your phone or get frustrated and say screw it. This works and I couldn't wait to frigging share it with everyone because I know how can frustrating it is. I was about to return my s6 edge today. Swear to God. The only thing it didn't work in was my friends s5 today on sprint and I don't know why. Something to do with sprint maybe. But it definitely works with verizon and attt.

JUST A HEADS UP, I did leave the ipV6 disabled on my router and I still have WiFi direct disabled on my phone because I was afraid to change anything after this worked. Might have nothing to do with it but if for some crazy reason this app doesn't work, disable that and it will be fine. All my other settings on the router are normal. Auto channel and AES/TPIK are still on. Anyway This works and I was happy to help so I posted. Let me know of it works u for you guys. And spread the word so people aren't dealing with this [language removed]. It's not right. Let me know how you make out.
( Thank you: this worked amazingly!!!)

milan998

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
You really helped me, i had this problem for 6 mounts and i tried to do everything and i couldn't fix That, but this App is very Good thank you very much!!!!!!!!

PrettyT29

May 5, 2016
Visit site

JUST A HEADS UP, I did leave the ipV6 disabled on my router and I still have WiFi direct disabled on my phone because I was afraid to change anything after this worked. Might have nothing to do with it but if for some crazy reason this app doesn't work, disable that and it will be fine. All my other settings on the router are normal. Auto channel and AES/TPIK are still on. Anyway This works and I was happy to help so I posted. Let me know of it works u for you guys. And spread the word so people aren't dealing with this [language removed]. It's not right. Let me know how you make out.

Omg Thanks it worked

Kaceylm1984

May 10, 2016
Visit site

Thank you! This is the only thing that has worked for me on my s7 edge and so far it makes a huge difference!

mags444

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
You saved my life...and my sanity. I just purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6, and it was buffering constantly whenever I tried to watch videos from any site. I googled it, found your suggestion, and as soon as I installed the app, the buffering was gone, and my wifi is super fast now! AMAZING! I was also considering returning the phone, because that's completely unacceptable. But the DNSet app fixed it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you! ;)

ltdviper1000

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I've had an S6 Active since the day it came out and this had been a constant issue. I know there have been multiple successful fixes for this, but the only one that worked for me was going to Settings>Connections>More Connection Settings>Reset Network Settings. Works like a charm now and I havent had to watch my phone buffer anyting or wait for a page to load for over a week straight now unless the wifi signal itself was that terrible.

Automaticman1

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site