Why is my keyboard/typing speed inconsistent to certain sections of different websites?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I don't know if this is just my OCD getting the best of me, but for some reason the speed at which the texts appear when I type in places like messages, FB comments, different forums, etc. have varying speeds, which isn't something I noticed before until 2 days ago. Before I switched to Google Keyboards, my Zen UI one was extremely noticeable in comparison because at the very least the former only the text was showing up a bit delayed, while on the other hand the latter was both(text and actual keyboard).

I use an Asus Zenfone max. Anyone know what might be the problem?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It happens to a number of sites. One glitch I've encountered, in fact, it just happened as I was typing this reply, is that text will stop registering as I type, even though haptic feedback continues. Then, I'll tap the Back button, and all missing typed text renders instantly. Occasionally, it will skip letters that were typed, and I have to go back and insert them. But yeah, web sites have variances in how they're set up and render when typing. I can dig your frustration!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It can also depend on what the app/site is doing as you type. For example, many search sites like to guess your search string as you type. This can easily slow things down.

ShikiCastro

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
What's weird about this is that this hasn't happened in those websites(Spacebattles forums, wikias) before but it did a few days ago. Even after switching to Google Keyboard the slightly delayed appearance of text still happens, it's just that the keyboard itself that doesn't lag anymore.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, as I mentioned, app caches are different from the system cache partition. It's still worth wiping the system cache, and there's no harm in doing so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796