Why is my pixel for a not showing any voicemail notifications

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I first got my Pixel for the first year everything worked fine although I was using a different app for the dialer versus the AT&t phone app. Then things started to go screwy and for the last two months I have not been getting any voicemail notifications. AT&t has tried having me install visual voicemail uninstall visual voicemail resetting the phone, verifying settings etc And they throw up their hands and said it's on the Google side... So the only work around option they were able to give me was if I turn off my phone and turn it back on I get voicemail notifications which doesn't seem to be a real great working answer for me. Going through the post it seems like it was an ongoing problem with a lot of the Pixel phone so is anyone found a fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What different dialer app were you using? And what do you mean "versus the AT&T phone app"? AT&T doesn't have their own phone app -- are you referring to Google's Phone app that comes preinstalled on Pixels?

Mar 14, 2022
Visit site
I have had the Pixel Pro 6 for about a month and I'm having the same problem. No voicemail notifications. When I try to change this in settings there aren't any options for changing this. There is an option to change notifications from default mode but it doesn't allow me to select or toggle any options.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have had the Pixel Pro 6 for about a month and I'm having the same problem. No voicemail notifications. When I try to change this in settings there aren't any options for changing this. There is an option to change notifications from default mode but it doesn't allow me to select or toggle any options.
Welcome to AC!
Whos your carrier?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you using traditional voicemail or visual voicemail?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Voicemail>Advanced Settings. Under "Service," does it say "Your carrier"? Under Setup, does it say the Voicemail number is +18056377243?

Also, go to Settings>Apps (in the system settings), select Phone, and then Notifications. Is Voicemails listed there with the toggle on?

Mar 14, 2022
Visit site
Here is what I did step by step in case this comes up for others:

Settings
[/INDENT]Apps
Phone App
Storage & cache
Clear cache

Then went back to phone app
Force stop

Then I called my phone from another phone and left a message and received visual and sound notifications; and the phone notification options now show up and allow me to change them.

I am not sure if it was clearing the cache, the force stop, or both together that worked.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d