Why is my S10e taking so long to open certain apps?

moto0123

Sep 28, 2019
Visit site
So I have had this issue ever since I have gotten the phone (about 2 months ago). When I first encountered the problem, I thought it would go away after another update but obviously I was wrong.

The YouTube app takes 20 seconds to open then whenever I try to play a video, the screen freezes as the audio keeps playing. Instagram just does not open most of the time and if it does, I probably waited for a minute for it to load. Opening Gallery is a gamble too as sometimes it opens within 2 seconds or crashes before I get to see my pictures.

It's so weird because every other app opens quickly with no issues. I have cleared the cache of these apps multiple times and it does fix the problem momentarily but reverts back every time. I am on Android version 9 if it makes any difference.

Thank you.

moto0123

Sep 28, 2019
Visit site
Yes I have tried both. The problem still occurs. I'm starting to wonder if the only way to fix it is to perform a factory reset (which I don't want to do).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I have tried both. The problem still occurs. I'm starting to wonder if the only way to fix it is to perform a factory reset (which I don't want to do).
Those 2 apps I would try long press , tap info , then scroll to storage and clear data,cache, force stop

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's running when you clear data and cache, it may have locked some of the cache or data, so they won't get deleted. If you force stop it first, it's not locking anything, and everything gets cleared. (It may have a minimum cache size, so as soon as it starts running again, it will allocate that cache size, but at least there's no data in there that you couldn't clear.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If it's running when you clear data and cache, it may have locked some of the cache or data, so they won't get deleted. If you force stop it first, it's not locking anything, and everything gets cleared. (It may have a minimum cache size, so as soon as it starts running again, it will allocate that cache size, but at least there's no data in there that you couldn't clear.)
Cool , try that way then .

Patcomer28

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
Yep. Once before reset. Just did it again. In safe mode those apps that are available open quickly. Soon as you go to normal mode. Problem reappears.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky