Why is our device not compatible with the new YouTube app?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The current version of YouTube on my phone is 2.1.6. I saw the article on Android Central about the new app (2.3.4) and followed the Market Link to it. When I got there, I got the dreaded "your device is not compatible with this app" message.

Really? Why? It's YouTube!

Anyone find a way around this?

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I suspect this is just a mistake in the versions of Android that the YouTube app lists as "compatible". In the App Market it says "REQUIRES ANDROID: 2.2 - 2.3.3". The E4GT runs version 2.3.4. Hopefully YouTube (and/or Google) will clear this up soon. Might be worth dropping them an email asking why it doesn't support 2.3.4.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed the apk as well and it works fine. What's strange thought is that for a couple of weeks the market kept showing it had an update but when I tried to update it said not compatible with device. Now it doesn't show up in my apps in the market at all. Wierd.

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Is this now hosted somewhere else? I can't get it download on my (stock) epic 4g touch. I keep getting the message that the file must have been moved. I finally got an "ilividsetupv1" file to download to my phone, but when I tried to install it, it said that there was no application on my phone that supported the file type. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Greebe

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I suspect this is just a mistake in the versions of Android that the YouTube app lists as "compatible". In the App Market it says "REQUIRES ANDROID: 2.2 - 2.3.3". The E4GT runs version 2.3.4. Hopefully YouTube (and/or Google) will clear this up soon. Might be worth dropping them an email asking why it doesn't support 2.3.4.

2.3.6 on updated phones

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
what is the EL29 update? How do I get my android 2.2 to update? I can't figure it out

Click on your menu key, then settings, then about phone. There it will tell you what Android version you are on and what baseband version you are (the latest baseband is EL29). The update should have been pushed to your phone a long time ago, if you still didn't get it, then you might want to call Sprint and have them walk you throught it or check as to why you didn't get the update yet. The latest Android version is, as mentioned earlier, 2.3.6.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024