Why is the design of Android 12 so horrible?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I don't like it either. Plus I used to love having seperate toggles for wifi and data. Not go into another menu.

Last edited:

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Can you not add the toggle to the pull-down menu?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-132332.png
    Screenshot_20211105-132332.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 22

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just leave my WiFi enabled all the time as I only use home wifi but if I press internet I get all the nearby options. I don’t see a problem with that.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I really like some of the newer features such as the phone use clock in the upper left corner that tells you how long you have been on a call...
Also on the main screen but carries over to other screens as in this example show for a weather screen.
LMbGaeN.jpg

ynotamil

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I said it already, Android 11 made me think for the first time hard about Apple. Now I read that 12 is also crappie. So, in 6 months time my contract is over and Apple, I am coming.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
There is this general design philosophy that is rife across all sectors that they justify their job and the work they do by making the new version of anything look and feel radically different from what has gone before. Just subtly improving the old version is not seen as worth charging the client big bucks for but instead all too happy to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ya'll have fun on Apple. Cause all the research I have done in the past month determining if I want a Max Pro 13, Pixel 6 Pro or S21 Ultra had me drop Apple out of the equation the first week.

Granted one reason is Apple's poor relationship with connecting to a PC (example is YOUR PHONE APP, but many more), its simple UI made for dummies (good for many but not for those who like to think for themselves) and others reasons. It works, the phones area rock solid (hopefully the Pixel 6 will be, S21 already is), but look carefully before jumping. Just a suggestion. When in reality, I don't care. I actually own as much Apple stock as I do Alphabet; therefore, my pocketbook will remain the same.

Android is not for everyone; neither is IOS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It always surprises me when fairly minor UI changes cause enough uproar to make a person want to switch to iPhone. In the whole scheme of things, the UI really isn't radically different. Whenever there are changes, my brain gets used to them within a few days, and then it becomes second nature.

If you change to iPhone, you will of course need to be prepared for another radical change (which, again, your brain should get used to after enough time). Maybe I'm stunted in some way, but every time I'm forced to use iOS (either on my iPhone 8 that I use to supervise my daughter's iPhone 12, or my work-issued iPad), the quirks of the UI bug me. After years on Android, iOS isn't intuitive to me, like what the various screen swipes bring up and how to get rid of those screens.

But hey, "it just works" for a lot of people, so maybe it'll just work for you!:p

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It always surprises me when fairly minor UI changes cause enough uproar to make a person want to switch to iPhone. In the whole scheme of things, the UI really isn't radically different. Whenever there are changes, my brain gets used to them within a few days, and then it becomes second nature.

If you change to iPhone, you will of course need to be prepared for another radical change (which, again, your brain should get used to after enough time). Maybe I'm stunted in some way, but every time I'm forced to use iOS (either on my iPhone 8 that I use to supervise my daughter's iPhone 12, or my work-issued iPad), the quirks of the UI bug me. After years on Android, iOS isn't intuitive to me, like what the various screen swipes bring up and how to get rid of those screens.

But hey, "it just works" for a lot of people, so maybe it'll just work for you!:p
I totally agree. There are aspects of the new look of Android I don't like. I'm sure there would be many things about iOS I wouldn't like as well.
Long before my 67th year I learned to not sweat the small stuff. There are a lot of small stuff out there. I don't have any interest in spending my time fighting it or letting it all get to me. I've had to adapt to many changes in my years. I've gotten great at it. A change in an operating system is small potatoes and no sweat.
Android works, works great, as does the Pixel. And when I get tired of the Pixel I can switch to one of a plethora of different brands of phones with different implementation of Android.

Now to tend to something more important....a coffee cake in the oven.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. There are aspects of the new look of Android I don't like. I'm sure there would be many things about iOS I wouldn't like as well.
Long before my 67th year I learned to not sweat the small stuff. There are a lot of small stuff out there. I don't have any interest in spending my time fighting it or letting it all get to me. I've had to adapt to many changes in my years. I've gotten great at it. A change in an operating system is small potatoes and no sweat.
Android works, works great, as does the Pixel. And when I get tired of the Pixel I can switch to one of a plethora of different brands of phones with different implementation of Android.

Now to tend to something more important....a coffee cake in the oven.

Hear hear! (and an extra hear for the coffee cake -- can I have some?:p)

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I just got 12 on my Pixel3a and on the lock screen they have that horrible horrible stacked clock that the galaxy s8 came with. The S8 had some other choices to change it to. I read you can leave a notification up and change the color but i was hoping for a real solution. Is there any way to change this or get rid of it on a pixel 3a?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got 12 on my Pixel3a and on the lock screen they have that horrible horrible stacked clock that the galaxy s8 came with. The S8 had some other choices to change it to. I read you can leave a notification up and change the color but i was hoping for a real solution. Is there any way to change this or get rid of it on a pixel 3a?

Clock doesn’t bother me, but I’ve heard some are using the app “signal spy” because it will stay on the Lock Screen as a notification and other notifications like emails can go ahead and be dismissed. I just tried it and would probably go this route if the clock bothered me that much. As far as I’ve heard there is no other way to change the clock without leaving some type of notification there. It’s a shame that we don’t get a settings option to change it. After all android is all about customization

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej