Why is the pictures that I send through text blank?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I send pictures through my text messages to my family and I go back to look at them, and it's blank where the picture should be? Help please

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
More information please.

When you say that it is blank where the pic should be do you mean there is a square or rectangle that is blank, like a placeholder for the image, like it is a broken link, do you mean the message itself is gone, the message is still there but it is an empty bubble, please describe how the image is missing.

Have you verified with the recipients that the pics are being received?

How long do you have to be away from the app for them to disappear? If you send the pic and close and open the app they're gone, they're gone the next day, you don't have to close the app just respond to another message and go back its gone?

What app are you using for SMS?

When you send the disappearing pics are you just sending pics or are you send a pic and message together?

Does it matter how you send the pic? Does it happen if you send the pic from the gallery by sharing it, attaching it via the (+) in the message does anything you know of make a difference?

Do any of the incoming pics disappear?

Have you tried anything like changing the picture source to see if that makes a difference? Try sending photos from different folders. If you've been sending photos you've taken, those are stored in the DCIM folder, try moving those to the download folder and sending from there or vise versa. I'm leaning heavily towards this being some part of the answer. Without your answers to my questions I feel like the previews are being cut off like it can't find the image or the image location has changed leaving a broken link.

What gallery app are you using?