Why is vibrate greyed out on huawei g8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to disable vibrations for incoming sms messages but when I go to messaging, menu, settings, under notifications 'vibrate' is turned on and greyed out. The only way it won't vibrate is if my phone is on silent mode which I don't want. Any help??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What if you go to the main Settings>Sounds menu and turn off Also Vibrate for Calls?

anonkeyboard

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Hey thanks for the reply. I had a look there and all the options are switched off, the only way I can get vibrations to stop for sms is to put my phone in silent mode which I don't want as it stops vibrations for all apps. I'd only like to turn it off for one app, any other ways?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that screenshot, the status bar shows that the phone is in Vibrate Only mode (the tilted rectangle with the little vibration lines emanating from it). If you turn the volume up so that the phone is out of Vibrate Only, do the Sound and Vibrate options in that menu become available?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about the menu from the screenshot, right? Are you saying that toggling off the Vibrate switch in the Messaging app's menu will stop vibration for the whole phone? That sounds like a bug. Or are you talking about the Sound menu in the system settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila