Why is widget is not sticking to HS?

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
On my LG v40 I went to direct dial a contact and found her picture was missing.
Ŵhen I went into the contact section to set up another one I found there was no shortcut in the drop-down menu to add the contact to the home screen.

I thought maybe I needed a add a new phone contact widget to the screen but I find now that none of my contact widgets are sticking to my home screen.

I researched this and can't find a solution to my problem. My contact app is supposedly in my internal storage and the option that stops people from modifying the home screen by moving apps aroun is turned off in the settings.
Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So if you drag and drop the Direct Dial widget to the homescreen, nothing happens? The next step after dragging and dropping would be the Contacts list opening up, prompting you to select a contact for that widget, and more specifically one of the contact's numbers.

Also, are you certain there's room on the homescreen? Some widgets can take up much more space than they seem (especially clock or weather widgets).

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
So if you drag and drop the Direct Dial widget to the homescreen, nothing happens? The next step after dragging and dropping would be the Contacts list opening up, prompting you to select a contact for that widget, and more specifically one of the contact's numbers.

Also, are you certain there's room on the homescreen? Some widgets can take up much more space than they seem (especially clock or weather widgets).

Yes, there's plenty of room on the screen, even well beyond the shadow outline that it generates before you drop it I cleared other apps further away after I started having this problem.
But it doesn't even let me drop it. I drag it to the screen and as soon as I take my finger off it disappears.

But what I'm also wondering is why, in my drop down menu for the contact, there's no add a shortcut that allows me to create a phone or text message shortcut button on the home screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, there's plenty of room on the screen, even well beyond the shadow outline that it generates before you drop it I cleared other apps further away after I started having this problem.
But it doesn't even let me drop it. I drag it to the screen and as soon as I take my finger off it disappears.

But what I'm also wondering is why, in my drop down menu for the contact, there's no add a shortcut that allows me to create a phone or text message shortcut button on the home screen.
Sometimes a restart of the phone fixes minor glitches like this

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, thank you, rebooting the phone is my first try fix for most everything.
See if you do this in safe mode , otherwise might try find you lg launcher in apps list in settings and clear its data/cache and force stop it , it will erase your home screen setup just so you know.

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
You know what. I just checked again, after [Mod redacted] messing with it for the better part of a half hour a couple of times today, and now it's working.
Frigging Gremlins.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You know what. I just checked again, after [Mod redacted] messing with it for the better part of a half hour a couple of times today, and now it's working.
Frigging Gremlins.
[Please just be careful with the language, thank you ]

Glad to hear working now !

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582