Why No New HTC Phones?

lancehart

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I love my HERO and since I'll never get 4G where I'm located, what I really want from SPRINT is a successor to the HERO.

They announced 3 new Android phones this past week, but nothing from HTC, who should be their top developer you would think with how popular the EVO has been for them.

Why can't Sprint get something like the Incredible or Desire HD, and rebrand it as a HERO or HERO HD? A great phone with a good pocket size, keeping in the 3G bandwidth, and no slider keyboards to mess with?

A non 4G / non-Keyboard version of the EPIC from Samsung would have also been a nice addition, but instead we get the Transform. While nice... it's just a mini-me to the EPIC.

I love HTC and HTC Sense from the Hero, and I'm not really willing to dump it for a ZIO, and after the craptacular experience I've had with other LG phones on sprint (Lotus anyone?), I wouldn't take an Optimus if they paid me.

Where's the HTC love from Sprint? Or are they going to back away from HTC and Sense now that they are all pro on the Sprint ID skin-fest that would come into conflict with the new version of Sense?

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My suspicion is that they prefer to keep focused on the EVO for a high end device, rather than dividing up sales for this type of equipment among more different models, not to mention saddle their CS with dealing with more and slightly different phones. I'm sure they don't mind picking up the extra $10/month from those customers, which they justify as paying for the better phone and probably for the increased data customers who buy big-screen phones will use--They don't figure you want a 4.3 inch screen just to read text messages from your girlfriend!

I don't have any inside info, this is purely my speculation.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree considering how popular the evo is there trying to get as much out of it as they can. Which is not totally a bad idea but they need to release a g2 type device for the HTC keyboard guys.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I agree considering how popular the evo is there trying to get as much out of it as they can. Which is not totally a bad idea but they need to release a g2 type device for the HTC keyboard guys.

Yes, this phone looks great. Or how about the new HTC 7 PRO form factor, either or, I am not picky.

10-16-10-7protk.jpg

Bargsbeer

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had a EVO since September, I wish I could take it back. I just hope Sprint isn't going to ride the EVO coat tails for the next 6 months and not release another power house phone.

lancehart

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with your EVO? Power drain too fast, or just too big for your liking?
Not sure if I'd want one that big either, but I'd love something like the INCREDIBLE as a HERO II. (3G only of course).

I'm going to be quite angry with Sprint if anything other than the starter / low-end Android phones becomes 4G only.

Bargsbeer

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with your EVO? Power drain too fast, or just too big for your liking?
Not sure if I'd want one that big either, but I'd love something like the INCREDIBLE as a HERO II. (3G only of course).

I'm going to be quite angry with Sprint if anything other than the starter / low-end Android phones becomes 4G only.

Worst battery life of any phone I have ever owned, Also I don't care much for the screen resolution, When compared to the Epic.

lancehart

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes indeed... the HTC Knight could be the HERO II I've been hoping to see...
Though I'm not sure I want a keyboard slider... and I'm hoping it wont have that Sprint ID garbage instead of the new version of Sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu