Why Won't Chrome Save as Default Browser?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Every time I click on a link, either in Google search or in an email, it asks me which browser I want. I always choose Chrome and click the "always" button, but it never stays as default. Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks!

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking g about this and it dawned on me that chrome could be default and that's why default was greyed. So any other browser would need to be disabled not chrome/default

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is set as the default. The stock browser isn't. And I can't disable the stock browser in my settings. But it still asks me when I click on links to set my default browser. It's weird. Just came from a DNA and didn't have any of these issues.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any clue what to do with this? Thought I had it kicked, but then it popped up again in a recent email. Clicked the link and had to pick which browser I want to use again. Even though I've set it 10 times in the past two days.

nata_panya

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing the default launch application settings for Chrome and stock browser, and try again.

Settings > more > application manager> Chrome
Tap "clear defaults"

Do the same for the stock browser and any other browsers you may have.

Hope that helps.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the default launch application settings for Chrome and stock browser, and try again.

Settings > more > application manager> Chrome
Tap "clear defaults"

Do the same for the stock browser and any other browsers you may have.

Hope that helps.

I'm trying that again. We'll see how long it lasts. It'll stay for a little while, and then reverts back. It's a strange issue.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying that again. We'll see how long it lasts. It'll stay for a little while, and then reverts back. It's a strange issue.

Nope. Next time I used Google search and clicked on a website link I had to choose which browser again. This is getting really annoying. You'd think this great of a phone wouldn't have stupid issues like this.

haillyl

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Clear your default browsers, then set chrome to default, if any app or website that gonna direct you to new windows, select chrome as default. Normally these steps will help reset default browser, but not sure whether it works on your phone, hope it help.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Clear your default browsers, then set chrome to default, if any app or website that gonna direct you to new windows, select chrome as default. Normally these steps will help reset default browser, but not sure whether it works on your phone, hope it help.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah, I've been doing that over and over again. I can't get it to stay. It sticks for an hour or so, then I'll click on a link and have to select which browser I want.

I can't be the only one with this issue.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yup, just happened again. I had it set two hours ago, just clicked a link in Google search and I had to choose my default browser again.

This is incredibly annoying and almost a deal breaker. I hope someone can direct me where to go.

teshastar

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Same is happening to me on my Verizon Galaxy S3. Tried ALL steps too, and nothing. Both the default browser and Chrome have "launch by default" grayed out in application manager. PLEASE let me know if you find a fix. I'm so annoyed, and I like Chrome way more.
Tesha
Teshastarr@gmail.com
Model: SCH-I535
Android 4.1.2
Build#: JZO54K.I535VRBMB1
Hardware Ver. I535.10
Kernel Ver. 3.0.31-861013
Se.infra@SEP-129 #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 14 15:16:58 KST

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's some app that's messing with it. I stayed away from downloading all my apps until today. Spent about a week without them all and I had no issues with this. Then all of a sudden today it's back today after I downloaded everything. So now I'm going to have to delete each app and see if I can find the culprit.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah definitely an app. Can't figure out which one. Is there any way to figure it out other than deleting one at a time?

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It's some app that's messing with it. I stayed away from downloading all my apps until today. Spent about a week without them all and I had no issues with this. Then all of a sudden today it's back today after I downloaded everything. So now I'm going to have to delete each app and see if I can find the culprit.

App Brain Ad Detector MIGHT be of some use. It does more than identifies apps pushing ads. It reiterates app permissions and parts of your phone apps have access to.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe