Why Won't Chrome Save as Default Browser?

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe it! I've been having this issue for an eternity and had entirely given up on ever solving it! Just uninstalled my Kohl's app and it actually seems to be working now. I can't thank you enough for your detective work!!!

nixter1128

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Even though I think I'm talking to myself now, looks like the culprit was Kohl's! I downloaded that one and it immediately came back. None of the others made anything happen. If you're having this issue, try deleting that one and see if it helps.

THANK YOU for figuring out it was Kohl's!! This has been bugging me for days and I couldn't wrap my head around why my default browser wasn't working. Turns out the Kohl's app did it for me as well - I won't be installing that again!

devoncohn

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You have no idea how much I appreciate you figuring this out! I was going crazy!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't believe it was the Kohl's app. When you said it, I thought, "I have that app!!!" I am feeling much less stressed now.

paels

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for figuring this out! I've been dealing with this for over a year and I gave up on fixing it a long time ago. Kohl's app was also the culprit for me. I never would have gone through all my apps to figure out. Good work and thank you!

Jason Wallman

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't have Kohls either and have been suffering this since a system update months ago by verizon or google android os. I'm just about to buy an iPhone 6 over this issue alone!

gaiuslove

May 7, 2018
Visit site
Every time I click on a link, either in Google search or in an email, it asks me which browser I want. I always choose Chrome and click the "always" button, but it never stays as default. Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks!

This worked for me, using Android version 9 (aka Pie).

Home, settings, apps, Chrome (or any browser your phone gives you the option to use when you click on a link), Browser app. A list of unselected browsers will appear and you can select which one you want to use.

Here's a slightly faster way in Android 9:

Home, settings, apps, upper right 3 dots, Default apps, Browser app. A list of unselected browsers will appear and you can select which one you want to use.