Wi-Fi and Mobile Data

kah22

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong here. When using wi-fi I'm effectively using an internet connection like tuning into the wi-fi in my house, the free wi-fi you get on trains and in hotels and so forth. When using Mobile Data I'm using the data allowance built into my package, the phone company is effectively suppling the internet connection. Am I right?

My reason for asking is this. Up until I got my s4 I really only used free wi-fi for internet connections. For the news that sort of thing. Now with a much larger screen new avenues are open. So say I'm outside a wi-fi area if I have mobile data then I should effectively be able to connect to the internet, get and send emails, receive and reply to Facebook messages. Again am I right?

Tell me this then if I have wi-fi AND Mobile Data activated at the same time will the s4 automatically tune into wi-fi if available or will it continue to run on mobile data. I ask this because I'm wondering if it is best to keep mobile data turned off unless you particularly want to use it.

Pretty simple questions I know but I'm only now getting used to a true smart phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00