WiFi but no internet

gary787

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
My wife's Galaxy S6 does connect to our WiFi router but obviously has no internet. Switching off WiFi on the phone a couple of times and/or rebooting the router usually solves the problem BUT there's no way to see on the Samsung screen if there's an active internet connection or not. The WiFi icon indicates that the phone is connected to the WiFi router but there's no indicator showing if there's internet on the phone.
On my Nexus 5X I see an exclamation mark next to the WiFi icon when the phone is connected to WiFi but has no internet. That makes it easy to fix a connection problem. Why doesn't Samsung have something basic like that?

Question: is there a way to show something similar on the Galaxy S6, an indicator that there's yes or or no internet connectivity?

I know that I may have to buy a new router and it's on the list but in the mean time it would be really handy if I could SEE on the S6 screen if I have an active internet connection.

Thanks in advance!

Mehul Sinha

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
First make sure you have sufficient recharged modem for access internet,
Now if wifi sign in pop up click to go for it and read all schemes carefully ,if nothing works try to access google app i.e. play store if internet work here it is definitely your modem problem or your phone wifi certificates problem

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
My wife's Galaxy S6 does connect to our WiFi router but obviously has no internet. Switching off WiFi on the phone a couple of times and/or rebooting the router usually solves the problem BUT there's no way to see on the Samsung screen if there's an active internet connection or not. The WiFi icon indicates that the phone is connected to the WiFi router but there's no indicator showing if there's internet on the phone.
On my Nexus 5X I see an exclamation mark next to the WiFi icon when the phone is connected to WiFi but has no internet. That makes it easy to fix a connection problem. Why doesn't Samsung have something basic like that?

Question: is there a way to show something similar on the Galaxy S6, an indicator that there's yes or or no internet connectivity?

I know that I may have to buy a new router and it's on the list but in the mean time it would be really handy if I could SEE on the S6 screen if I have an active internet connection.

Thanks in advance!

If nothing can connect to your router ,
Then it's bad ..Need new router .

Try to hold the WIFI few seconds , when menu shows your internet ... click on it and sign-in again ...

gary787

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

Router works fine, computers, notebooks, tablets and my Nexus 5X connect to the router and the internet through it. The Galaxy will connect after a couple of tries as well. The problem is that there's no way to see if the Galaxy is connected to the internet.

Problem is that the Galaxy S6 doe not show if there is internet connection or not.

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

Router works fine, computers, notebooks, tablets and my Nexus 5X connect to the router and the internet through it. The Galaxy will connect after a couple of tries as well. The problem is that there's no way to see if the Galaxy is connected to the internet.

Problem is that the Galaxy S6 doe not show if there is internet connection or not.

Oh .. I know what you mean ..
It does not say it connects or not ..! That's weird ..

2016-04-29_22-17-08.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-04-29_20-57-47.jpg
    2016-04-29_20-57-47.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: