Wifi Calling

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally received my new Z Flip4 yesterday and got it all set up, transferring data, apps, and settings from my S22Ultra.

One "feature", however, won't load/start -- wifi calling. My house sits in a "low reception/dead zone" between towers so straight cell service is spotty. Previously, I had a microcell device in the house that made connection perfect, but that was discontinued when wifi calling became available.

(My Flip4 is Unlocked on AT&T service)

So, when I go to Settings>Connections I try to toggle Wifi Calling to ON. I get a "notice bubble" at the bottom of the screen that says something like "Loading. Might take a few moments." That sits and sits, then after a couple of minutes it fails to connect and I get notification that Wifi Calling could not be started. Try later.

Went to the AT&T store this morning to get a new SIM card. Same result there. Even tried connecting in SAFE MODE. One of the reps at the store tried on her S22Ultra with same result I had on my Flip4. Only guess they can offer is that it might be a system problem.

Anyone experience similar issue? Is this a backend issue in the AT&T network?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Sorry to see issue... I'm on Verizon so no issue seeing up last night connected first shot... Hope it resolves soon

Last edited:

msellers30

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I was in the same situation on Wednesday with my Flip4/ATT. WiFi calling wouldn't turn on. Tried yesterday (Thursday) and it turned on within 5 - 10 seconds. My guess was some issue on ATT side.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same situation on Wednesday with my Flip4/ATT. WiFi calling wouldn't turn on. Tried yesterday (Thursday) and it turned on within 5 - 10 seconds. My guess was some issue on ATT side.

UPDATE: Yep, guessing it must have been an AT&T system backend problem. Finally got mine to go through this morning, too. Thanks for the comments and support.