Wifi issues?

Amy Barnicoat

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
please help me! i just got my brand new LG G4 and out of the box it has had wifi problems, it connects it shows its full or half but net works for 2 mins then stops I have tried so many things, changing my router channels which didnt work , hard reset phone, that didnt work. turn wifi off and on that didnt work. updated phone to 5.1 that didnt work. tried that app people have been saying to use to fix wifi problems but that didnt work it seemed to work for a min but then it stopped again, im not sure how to use that app anyway. can someone help me and explain what I should do? im also planning to root my phone maybe I should do that will that fix it? someone help me :'(

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's a link to a Phandroid article which suggests an app from the PlayStore which cured the problem for me. WiFi is like a rocket now. Says it's a lollipop problem.

http://phandroid.com/2015/05/13/comcast-wireless-gateway-lollipop-bug/

App is called DNSet in the playstore.

Rich
You might be able to add the the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) to your wifi advanced settings...my settings are like this at work but we have a static IP address here. I'll have to try it at home tonight.

ETA: Didn't work...I just tried on my work guest network. You have to use static IP to add advanced DNS settings.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting a problem with MMS messages but mine seem to work fine so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

Great! I wasn't expecting one when I tried out the app, so I was unaware that my MMS messages weren't getting through (mainly because my SMS messages did).

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a way to correct the issue by changing your MMS settings on the G4, but I just bagged the DNSet app.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Great! I wasn't expecting one when I tried out the app, so I was unaware that my MMS messages weren't getting through (mainly because my SMS messages did).

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a way to correct the issue by changing your MMS settings on the G4, but I just bagged the DNSet app.

Did you find another solution to the WiFi problem?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you find another solution to the WiFi problem?

I was fortunate that I tried DNSet solely for an attempt at maximizing my connection, not becuase I had an obvious issue with it. I did have inconsistency when connected to my 5 GHz band, but no problems with 2.4.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the Sprint version, and I'm having trouble as well. 2.4 as well as 5, disconnects, then connects again after several minutes. Have recycled my modern and router, but makes no difference. Not sure if a hard reset would make any difference, but I may try that later this week.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4 using Tapatalk.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sprint version, and I'm having trouble as well. 2.4 as well as 5, disconnects, then connects again after several minutes. Have recycled my modern and router, but makes no difference. Not sure if a hard reset would make any difference, but I may try that later this week.

Have you tried changing channels on your router? I have Sprint as well and was having problems for a few days after getting the phone. I changed channels on the router and issues are gone.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My channel is set to auto. Any particular channel I should choose?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have both available, but much better connection speed on 5ghz.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I put mine on channel 153 for 5ghz and haven't had any problems in 2 months.
I'll try this tonight when I get home, but this is happening when I'm at work, too, on our company-provided network. Can't make any changes here. Making me think it's a phone issue rather than a router.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll try this tonight when I get home, but this is happening when I'm at work, too, on our company-provided network. Can't make any changes here. Making me think it's a phone issue rather than a router.

Yeah, it most likely is. I never had an issue with any other WiFi connections even when I was having random issues at home.

Amy Barnicoat

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
has anyone connected LG about this problem? do they even know of it? I really want an LG G4 phone but i cant if its all buggy and problems. my lg also heats up on top of the screen and on the cam on the back, No idea why but its not normal again im returning this phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treoluv