Wifi keeps going to sleep

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Stock. Unlocked bootloader and Rooted and I have the same issue. I didnt notice it until after I downloaded the switch pro widget though. Gonna uninstall and see what happens

Edit: *faceplam* I went into advanced setting and set to always on. Flawless now

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems like when I have the radio going with the screen off, it keeps the wireless connected, then when the radio turns off the wireless sleeps. That's the best way because it's seamless, but you guys weren't getting that kind of management

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue as well. With the Keep awake during sleep set to always, I have to continually stop and restart wifi to get signal. After reading these posts, I switched it to never and haven't had an issue since yesterday morning. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Set on "always," when I come out of sleep, it is on 3G and then connects to wifi. But I have now set it to "never" and it goes straight to wifi. It's as if it is doing the opposite of what it should do.

Curious as to just what is happening when it is asleep but not overly concerned since my data is also unlimited.

kratt5

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am my second Galaxy Nexus due to other issues. The first one did not have this wifi sleep issue, but my current GN does ( I installed a VOIP app on the second that was not on the first... not sure if this has anything to do with the wifi sleep issue). I think I may have found a work around. I changed the setting to never and tested a few times. Then I changed it to always again and now wifi remains on while the phone sleeps. I have tested it a few times and so far it is still working. I will update the post if the problem reoccurs.

Stock ROM (4.0.2)

Last edited:

dr_lucci

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm now having the exact same problem with my GN.

However, I only started having this problem when I replaced my wireless router from an old G standard to a newer N standard. Surely enough, if I decrease the wifi speed on my new wireless router (NETGEAR WNDR3800) from "up to 300 MBps" to "up to 54 MBps", the wifi shutoff problem goes away.

Strange.

Chief83

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I just started having a problem of Wifi direct shutting off after a few minutes. I set it to ON and up until yesterday it stayed there. Now it shuts off in minutes. I have tried changing the settings to always, never, etc. Didn't have any issue for 6 weeks now I do. Any one know a fix. This is a stock phone.

Also what is wifi direct as compared to wifi? I use my home wireless router and now it appears I can.t. The wireless icon disappears in minutes and I have to go back and reset it to on .

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
From my experience this issue seems to come and go with no recognizable pattern... At least to me... I've had it on custom ROMs as well as stock builds. Maybe the official 4.0.3 update or whatever the next one will be for our phone will fix this.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away...

Chief83

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
After reading about it a bit it appears WIFI Direct is an added feature and not the main wifi connection on the phone. I was thinking when it was off I was not using wifi. It appears that is not the case. I don't use that feature at this time anyway so I'm much less concerned when it is not working. If you Google it there is some good description of what it can do.

entrepreneur724

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 10.1 and have the same issue of wifi dropping after the screen timeouts. It kept messing with DropSync. I used another posters suggestion of Wifi Fixer and it works perfectly now! :)

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
When you guys lose connection, do you get the "grey bars" on both the wifi and reception icons?

I seem to only have that problem at my place. But never seem to have the issue at my girlfriend's.

I'm thinking its a wireless router problem... but can't seem to diagnosis or fix the issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun