Wifi modem issues

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have lately been having issues with my phone where it shows its connected to my WiFi but it acts like it's not. I can't open links and my Speedtest app doesn't find networks to connect to. I restart the phone and all is good. This happened this morning when I woke up and the notification bar showed a strong connection but I got the spinning wheel of doom rather than things loading. This has been a regular thing for the past few weeks. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this ever happen on other wi-fi networks, or only your home network?

Are you using a VPN? Or have you set the phone to use a DNS other than the ISP-provided one (e.g., Google's DNS or CloudFlare's)?

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Does this ever happen on other wi-fi networks, or only your home network?

Are you using a VPN? Or have you set the phone to use a DNS other than the ISP-provided one (e.g., Google's DNS or CloudFlare's)?
It hasn't happened on other wifi networks but I don't spend much time on other networks. I am not using VPN and I use the default DNS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just as a basic troubleshooting step, try rebooting your home router by unplugging the power for about 30 seconds.

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Correction I looked at my settings and under VPN it lists Duck Duck GO... Hmmmm

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Is the VPN actually on? You can tell by the key icon in the status bar.
Yes I just turned the app tracking back on and the key icon is back in the status bar. It is a feature in beta so maybe it was the root of the problem.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I use Adguard and that creates a virtual VPN resident on the phone. It also shows the key in the status bar. Are you using any ad blocking software?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001