WiFi Turns Itself On

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
i havn't done any thing to my phone. its stock and i have the same issue.
mobile network randomly turns itself on and uses data. i almost went over this month. this is really starting to be an issue for me.

Not sure what to check, but you probably have some apps that are actively updating...I think there are settings to use WiFi or data for those updates. WiFi turning on should actually save data. I believe you want the mobile network on all the time. But check settings to be sure you're using the networks right.

Kurt

augiemcd3

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting under the WiFi that you should in check...its connect automatically to WiFi detected. I just clicked on the WiFi for the settings to appear. Maybe that will help. :)

ojejoe

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
No one has mentioned Google Sync, usually set to every three hours, Automatic Updates, Google Location, turn them off and see if it helps,
also weather updates are usually set to check every hour or so.
Custom roms don't affect this, usually people install custom roms to get rid of the junk which is installed
by their carriers, people brick their devices if they don't follow instructions.

wizkid64

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and it does the same thing, with one exception. My WIFI has been broken on my cell phone for over a year. However, periodically it turns itself on and I can use it. It's pretty creepy, if you ask me. Same with my bluetooth. If I attempted to turn either one on, it gives a faint green light and then cuts back off. Unless THEY want to turn it on. Then it's BRIGHT GREEN...anyone have this issue or answers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332