Will a factory reset downgrade from Lollipop to KitKat?

A

AC Question

will factory reset downgrade from lollipop to kikkat

I have Verizon s5 and I updated my phone to lollipop and I hate it.if I factory reset it will it loose the upgrade and return to kik kat??? Plz help

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: will factory reset downgrade from lollipop to kikkat

Sorry, you would have to flash a KitKat Image file to it. I do not have a S5, I have Nexus 5 with stock Android Lollipop. I can not instruct you how because I never done it to a Samsung. You could take it to a Verizon store and they should be able to do it for you.

Why do you want to go back, what do you not like (hate is such a harsh word) about it?

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I have Verizon s5 and I updated my phone to lollipop and I hate it.if I factory reset it will it loose the upgrade and return to kik kat??? Plz help
You will need to go over to the xda forum and search on flashing the stock kk rom for s5. I can't tell you the specific because I don't have s5. However, it can be done if you willing to put some work into it. Btw, I assume you get to the L by the OTA update? I'm wary of the L too because the development isn't mature enough for me to try it yet. I'm sticking with the kk for now. Sadly, because everyone is rushing to work on the L, the Kk development is completely abandon, which still need some work for it to run more smoothly.

Using LG-E980 with Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It also depends on the carrier. If it's AT&T or Verizon, you can't go back to an earlier major version (5 to 4). Trying to flash KitKat will fail.

If not, go to SamMobile Firmwares to get the KitKat ROM file and use Odin to flash it to the phone. (Make sure you back up everything - you'll get an out-of-the-box KitKat - all your apps and data [including app data, pictures, music, etc.] will be gone.)

Edit:
"Fail" in the first sentence can be anything from Odin refusing to start to bricking the phone, so make sure you have a LolliFlop ROM you can flash, and be prepared to blow Knox..

Last edited:

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site

He can if he is willing to void the warranty by flashing the rom image provided by other people. If such rom exist.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Hey if you still need more help, I just saw over on Android forum the step by step instruction on how to return to the stock kitkat from the lp with the Verizon s5 phone. Apparently many people are having issues with the stock lp on their Verizon s5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon