Will Samsung EVER address the notification light issue?

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Its been a long time, and many complaints later since FC09 disabled the notification light on some Galaxy S phones. What gives is samsung just going to say "screw it" and not fix it? Its really annoying that i have to turn on my phone to see if i have notifications. And those third party notification apps just don't work and aren't the same. I just really wish the light would work and this is really getting me thinking about rooting just to get it back (I've heard this works in most cases considering it is a software issue).

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Only Samsung can answer that. Maybe if you (collectively) keep calling sprint about how the update broke an "important feature" of your phone, they may be able to put some pressure on Samsung to send a bugfix.

If you decide to go the rooting route (you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner), you'll find that the devs have fixed the notification light just by changing to a different kernel, you won't even need to change the whole rom, Or you can go all out, and put CM7.2 or CM9 on there and be done with Samsungs software completely.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Only Samsung can answer that. Maybe if you (collectively) keep calling sprint about how the update broke an "important feature" of your phone, they may be able to put some pressure on Samsung to send a bugfix.

If you decide to go the rooting route (you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner), you'll find that the devs have fixed the notification light just by changing to a different kernel, you won't even need to change the whole rom, Or you can go all out, and put CM7.2 or CM9 on there and be done with Samsungs software completely.

Trust me, I've been to Sprint many times and they told me that Samsung WILL, and i stress the word WILL, send a fix. But i guess they just told me that in order to get me to shut up about it....does customer service exist anymore? lol

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
and it is an "important feature" to me because its useful to me. Why would they have it on there in the first place if they thought it wasn't important

dr12487

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you rooted? I did, and the notification light worked flawlessly on CM9. The only problem is that in the early builds, the notification light wouldn't allow the system to sleep, destroying battery life.

Also, when I wasn't rooted, I used Missed Reminder (free in the Play Store). It worked great, and you could choose between red and blue, along with setting the pulse rate.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Yes do root, but you may want to hold off on CM9 for now. There's several bugs still in that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal