Will the Evo take a 32gb sd card? Also explain what class 2, 6, etc mean??

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
That website is awesome, I'm totally going to start using it!

Note: I'm referring to lmgtfy not Wikipedia, I already use Wikipedia.

Haha, for my friends that are chronically ask questions that would have taken them less time to search than for me to explain, I use that site alot. =)

bluephi1914

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey check this e-bay deal out. It's a transflash card and EVO notes this type in the specs. Can't beat the price. I ordered one and will let you know if it works in my EVO next week.

32GB TF Memory Card 32G Micro SD SDHC MicroSDHC MicroSD - eBay (item 150448256556 end time May-28-10 22:44:56 PDT)

I checked out this card... what does this mean??

"Compatible with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers"

This was listed in the description of that sd card you were talking about, not sure what it means when it says not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices??? Is the EVO standard ?

mjbuf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i discovered a way to get a 32gb card without any discounts for around 60$!!! im going to buy 2 16gb cards and supa glue them back to back !!! you guys will be jealous in no time.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This was listed in the description of that sd card you were talking about, not sure what it means when it says not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices??? Is the EVO standard ?.

SD cards have a maximum of 2GB capacity. SDHC is a different standard, though it is compatible with the older. "standard" SD card standard. The EVO reads SDHC cards (and then by default SD cards) up to a maximum of 32GB, which is the maximum for the SDHC standard.

That being said, on the card itself all I have to say is buyer beware and consider the source.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I checked out this card... what does this mean??

"Compatible with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers"

This was listed in the description of that sd card you were talking about, not sure what it means when it says not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices??? Is the EVO standard ?

It means that whatever reading the card needs to support SDHC cards. Any device less than 3 years old will support SDHC.

Short answer: Yes, the evo supports SDHC cards. In fact, it comes with one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324