Will the orange icon on an android phone still pop up even if I don't have messenger

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Will the orange icon on an android phone still pop up even if I don't have messenger there's a number two in the orange box on the app but I don't have messenger installed is there messages there or what does it mean

charles lane1

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
The orange box that pops up on my phone that I get texts has an orange box and a preview of upcoming text in my messenger. I turned off everything everywhere that says preview or popup and xant stop it. Anyone have an idea what this is.

Attachments

• 20181029_004404.jpg
    20181029_004404.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 4

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The orange box that pops up on my phone that I get texts has an orange box and a preview of upcoming text in my messenger. I turned off everything everywhere that says preview or popup and xant stop it. Anyone have an idea what this is.
Welcome to the forums. That's a picture of your recent apps/multitasking overview, right? Long press that small icon (orange circle with the three dots inside) and then tap "i" (info). This will tell you which app pushed that screen.