Will the Samsung Galaxy S3 Work on Consumer Celluar?

catfsh1194

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Can't receive or send pictures or mms messages. CC tech support pretty gave up and told me they did all they could. Tried numerous different settings to no avail. Mine is a Galaxy S3. Anybody have any suggestions???

oldtimer1955

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
In case people are still stuck with this in July 2015...

I have an ex-Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 that I have just got working with Consumer Cellular's help (Matt - you are a star!).

Two key steps above and beyond their advice on their FAQ page.

1 - This is a first generation LTE phone, so you must use the LTE Settings

2 - You must call up CC Technical Support and ask them to register the phone's IMEI number in their database. Even if all your settings are correct (as mine were) without this step (and turning Data off and on again) it will not work.

The IMEI is on the box, and also inside the phone under the battery.
You might get it to display like this at the 'phone' screen
Enter *#06# then press the call icon.
It didn't work for me, but I had the original box.

So, yes Virginia, the Samsung Galaxy S3 Will Work on Consumer Cellular.

ghdavis

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that originally started out as a Verizon phone purchased at COSTCO many moons ago. So far I have tried unsuccessfully tried 3 third party Cellular providers all of which have failed to work well and some not at all. I just purchased a Consumer Cellular plan (Great company to work with) and I went through the activation with them all to no avail The phone will work if I go to my contact list and select a contact to call, however, If I use my headset I continually get the same message "I cannot find a working network, please re-connect and try again" You cannot believe how many times Ive heard this message. Personally, while Verizon say's the phones unlocked I think they interfere with third party company's because they don't want their phone on other networks. Because I like Consumer Cellular so much I am thinking of just chucking this phone and buying one of there.' .