Will you be getting the Pixel Tablet?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Google just announced the Pixel Tablet and it seems like a pretty compelling package for $499 all things considered. I haven't bought an Android tablet in years as I always found the apps to be jankier on tablets (that might have changed over the years), but is anyone considering picking this one up?
  • The tablet delivers an 11-inch LCD display with Chromecast built directly into the device.
  • With its Tensor G2 chip, the Pixel Tablet can support multiple running apps, split-screen, and multitasking.
  • The Pixel Tablet starts at $499 with its charging dock included in Hazel, Porcelain, and in the U.S. only, Rose (preorders begin today).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most definitely! But I'm going to wait until it's at Best Buy so I can use my Discover Card cashback rewards, as well as get it under my Totaltech membership for insurance coverage.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm debating it. I liked the Hazel, mainly for the black bezels, but it's already out of stock for the 256 version. I'm not sure I could do the 128.

Reactions: mustang7757

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating it. I liked the Hazel, mainly for the black bezels, but it's already out of stock for the 256 version. I'm not sure I could do the 128.
Would 128 GB be too little for the apps you want to install, or are you thinking of keeping lots of photos, music, and/or videos saved locally?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I just ordered a hazel tablet. Like I mentioned previously my main motivation for getting this is a larger home hub when the tablet is in the dock and the dual user support. I can use it when needed and load my Google account, or my wife can use it when needed and it loads her Google account. Definitely a want and not a need. I wish they priced this lower, but it is what it is. At least I got $130 off via store credit and a Pixel referral coupon code.

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I bought a new Samsung tablet, 6 months ago, so NO :rolleyes:.

Had google launched this last year, I would probably have been a customer. The lower price and obvious absence of the unwanted Samsung apps would have tipped the balance.

Reactions: J Dubbs

petvas

May 14, 2023
Visit site
I preordered it, but here in Germany the 256Gb model costs 799€..
That's a lot of money for the Pixel tablet. I hope it will be worth it. I am especially interested in the dock/hub function.
I have been using iPads since I can remember, but want something new and fresh. Tired of iPadOS..

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Even at US prices, it seems like too much money for the capabilities. The Samsungs look like better deals. I've been an iPad user for a long time, primarily because I'm a lifelong Mac user and the iPad naturally integrates with my Macs better than anything else. I've been looking at Microsoft Surface tablets lately too. But talk about pricy!

I will at least wait until you maniacs living on the bleeding edge of technology, buying 1st gen Pixel tablets, have some hands-on experience with this tablet. Right now. my iPad is doing a great job of home automation integration with my Nest Hello doorbell, smoke alarms, and cameras. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to the Pixel tablet.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even at US prices, it seems like too much money for the capabilities. The Samsungs look like better deals. I've been an iPad user for a long time, primarily because I'm a lifelong Mac user and the iPad naturally integrates with my Macs better than anything else. I've been looking at Microsoft Surface tablets lately too. But talk about pricy!

I will at least wait until you maniacs living on the bleeding edge of technology, buying 1st gen Pixel tablets, have some hands-on experience with this tablet. Right now. my iPad is doing a great job of home automation integration with my Nest Hello doorbell, smoke alarms, and cameras. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to the Pixel tablet.
I'd caution you about the Surface tablet line. My wife has a Surface Pro 3 and Pro 4, and both have had BSOD problems as well as hardware issues including screen flicker and sudden shutdowns, which have been shown to be fairly common. A friend of mine also had problems with his Surface Pro 7, which just outright failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej