Win a free Evo 4G from Android Central [contest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipierce24

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can not wait to get my hands on the HTC EVO. I think the biggest feature I am excited about is the Voice and Data. The reason being that there are ton's of time's I'm on a confrence call, or talking to my wife when I think I could really be doing something more productive (or just all together more interesting) at this time then chit chating or listening to wah wah wa wa wah wah. Also like how it will help me take over many if not all of the 3rd world countries.

Ryan32

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I think i'm most excited about the combination of the screen, and the overall smoothness of the device (courtesy of the snapdragon). Just every day tasks should seem so much more routine and smooth. It's the simple things that count.

jmjccwatson

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This phone has made me leave the berry bush. I would love to have one. I think the HD video is one of the coolest features. I have a new baby that will be here in Aug and i plan on using the Video and 8 mp camera more than the handy cam. Way to go HTC !!

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
The feature I'm most excited about is the video chat capabilities. I work away from home 6 says per week and this will be a great way to stay in touch with my wife. Thanks AC for the chance to enter. Good luck to all.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly , the feature that has me most excited is the idea of video calling.

Too many times I have been at home and my wife calls asking vaguely if what she has in her hand is what we need and I have no freaking idea.

To combat this we use to take a pic and then send it and then I view it and then I call her in response but that is clumsy and stupid. (CDMA)

I'm happy that not only will the front facing camera work but even the back 8mp will showcase a feature not many will hit on initially .

Oh , If I win I swear to keep the phone. ;)

dvillerider

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am really excited about the EVO. A phone that you can have 4.3-inch screen. I know its definitely going to be faster than my HTC Hero with it's full 1GHz Snapdragon processor. I live in a small town so I'm sure I won't have 4G WiMax data speeds but I most excited about this phone is it has the 8-device WiFi hotspot capability. This will be great for me since, I can now cancel my internet services and take advantage of the WiFI hotspot. The two-way video chat will be great, I can now talk to my daughter (one of the most important people in my life!!) she lives over an 1 1/2 from me, it will be nice to see her beautiful face. WOW, not having to get off the phone (a phone call) to surf the internet, simultaneous voice and data GREAT!!!:D

buzzardjrt

Video Talk

i think is the biggest feature to come of this device, it is the start of the next wave they have been trying to push for 15 years. in a short term it will be common place, but then ill have to actually dress to carry a phone conversation

martinezmj23

May 17, 2010
Visit site
With the large screen, speed and 4G I'm really looking forward to using the HTC Evo for more services then I have in the past. One I'm really looking forward to is utilizing the Evo for remote access to all home automation devices. With the right software, I'll be able to control all devices remotely like climate control, locks, surveillance cameras ect...

The hotspot is also something I will definitely use. This setup will allow me to have access to everything I have at home and that is the whole idea for me!

tks

spepi

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I am excited about the wide screen, and 8mp camera with the dual flash....I cant wait to get pics of my wife on the dance floor with her girl friends, without having to squint my eyes to make out whos in there....and then to bot...show them on my flat screen TV with the HDMI cable....oh....and of course, the snap dragon....

Aluminum54

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
i'm most excited for the hotspot. i currently use a broadband card with sprint and it's beginning to crap out on me. i'm more willing to cut the contract with my broadband card and pay the 30/month for the hotspot option... and with 4G just around the corner for cleveland, i'm excited to surf at great speeds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo