Win a free Evo 4G from Android Central [contest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You didn't think we'd let the Sprint Evo 4G launch without giving one away, did you? Here's what you have to do to win the biggest, baddest Android smartphone from the biggest, baddest Android blog:

Just reply to this thread and tell us what feature you're most excited about in the Evo 4G. Maybe it's the massive 4.3-inch screen. Maybe it's the full 1GHz Snapdragon processor. Maybe it's the 4G WiMax. Or the 8-device WiFi hotspot capability. Or the HDMI-out. Or the two-way video chat. Or the simultaneous voice and date. Or its ability to overthrow small nations (roaming charges may apply).

Tell us here, and we'll pick a winner on June 1 -- the Evo 4G will be available June 4 -- and we'll make you the coolest kid on your block.

Good luck!

kick stand!:cool:

raghul

May 20, 2010
Visit site
the very fact that you'll own and EVO 4G send chills through my body!! and the best part of EVO is the fact that it can handle ,record , display , play HD videos without any lag or quality loss in the HUGE display it has got :D

edrdoberts

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
So many great features to choose from. The screen, processor, etc. all fit perfectly into my needs.

In the end, I'd have to go with 4G. As a meteorologist, it's a pain to lean on even 3G speed. This is especially true when I need to keep up-to-the-second on changing conditions during severe weather. With Kansas City getting 4G, I can load these graphics fast enough to make this possible, and talk on the phone to clients at the same time. I lost power and internet coverage last week due to a lightning strike, and only had my tiny Blackberry Pearl to lean on to provide weather information to my clients (the power company being one, ironically). The 3G speed was too slow for me to jump to a wide variety of weather data, especially when all you are looking at is higher-resolution graphics. I had a very difficult time keeping my clients up-to-date due to the speed issues and inability to call and browse at the same time. 4G will help me out greatly.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I would LOVE to have this device!!

I'm most excited for the 4G WiMax and the 1GHz Snapdragon processor. Not to mention there's a kickstand to allow for easy view of your media!!

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a hidden feature I just heard about...you can make iPhone owners shut up, and depending on coverage, get them to remove the Apple stickers on their Toyotas in disgust.

Hatshepsut

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The HTC EVO is the best phone out there, period. It blows the iPhone out of the water with its hardware and software combined, there's a reason why one of its nicknames is "The iPhone Killer". I drooled when I first heard about it and created a countdown timer for when it finally hits stores checking the sites for any scrap of news on this phone everyday.

Being able to record, upload and download, and watch video on my phone and tv in 720p is a huge plus. The dual cameras, large screen, WiMax, fast processor, and the Android OS all in one phone? My dreams have come true.

lwitrago

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Video chat!!!!!

Best feature is the video chat. HTC the 1st to come out w/ it. Will be a must for commuters (esp. if u have a family that likes to check in on u). Now you can show them where you're at!!!!! Processor also a plus! ;-) :mad:

peted20

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm *most* excited for the huge screen. If I were to design a phone, it'd be a huge screen packed in the smallest possible shell, just like the EVO. I like to think of it as the "flying screen". :)

Of course, Snapdragon, lots of memory, 4G/WiMax (available in my area), and reasonable data plan rates make it a nearly perfect Android phone.

OhSoSaucy151

May 20, 2010
Visit site
What?s my favorite feature about the HTC EVO 4g? How about the ability to shut every one of my friends who own an iPhone up. I have been talking up the Android OS since its conception. I am a Sprint HTC Hero owner (purchased first sprint android phone on first day it was out) and frankly I am happy but disappointed at the same time. Every time I have something that I would consider a pro against the iPhone, something comes up as a con. All of the features and apps I boasted about were not even available to me as I was stuck on 1.5 until very recently after taking matters into my own hand and using a custom rom (screw the official sprint release).

Now the Nexus 1 made things equal. I do not personally own one, but I did recommend it to a friend and he tells me every day that he is glad he bought it over the iPhone. That is a +1 for me. I was happy to hear about rumors of the Nexus 1 coming to multiple carriers including sprint. But rumor after rumor died and I was left with zero hope. Then came the HTC Evo.
What do I have to look forward to? Pick one. Is it Snapdragon or the incredibly awesome 4.3 inch screen? Is it the fact that it is the frontrunner in having a forward facing camera and HD to provide two-way video chat? Or even the little things like the nifty kickstand? Or how about FLASH, which I could personally care less, but having the choice is highly underrated.

Well for me, it is an opportunity to put this whole battle to rest between Android being a competitor with the iPhone. All my friends with an iPhone can soon suck one, because they will soon be wishing that their phone had features that my phone has. Let?s let Apple chase another product for a while, a problem which Android will soon deliver and with no room for debate.

danholke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Definitely stoked about the recording & sharing 720p video online & on HDTV! Watching videos on the large screen & the dual cameras are going to be crazy good.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
All of the above!!

THE SCREEN!!! my fatty thumbs get all knotted up when i try to zoom in and out on my little Hero. And i am really looking forward to the HDMI out just got me a 40inch TV and i want to show off the 400 pics that will be on my EVO!!!

RuNuts

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the EVO's monster hardware capabilities or the fact that Sprint will finally have the best phone in the market.
It's all good!

mybowlby

May 20, 2010
Visit site
in most excited for 4g, the huge screen, snapdragon processor, htc sense, and being able to have a mobile hotspot on 4g that isnt capped, hd video camera and my life with me

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually it all seems good, but I am most interested in the WiMax. This will be my first Android phone so that will be good also. I have been wanting to try it for a while but i had jumped on the WebOS bandwagon.

smaxcom

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The best feature of my EVO will be the ability to make my iPhone using friends feel inadequate and inferior to my smartphone! Not to mention I will be paying a good bit less a month than they do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk