[Closed] Win an NVIDIA Shield in our Father's Day Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Sigel

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I think I should the shield but not just for me for my pops. My dad has been Mr. Mom and Mr. Dad for pretty much my entire life. My dad never was a fan of video games until he realized how much fun I had playing them. Once he realized this he took the second controller and the age old conflict of father verus son began. Starting with the original Mario Bros up until now he's been beating me at my own games. In all fairness it's hard to win with him covering my eyes! I love my dad and I think trying to beat each other high scores on shield should be the next step in our conflict. This time I might actually win being as its harder for him to cover the screen or my eyes!

robamacaf

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I am a tech geek, a gadget guy, a nerd. I have always been a gamer (pc/console) since as far back as I could remember. I am 32 years old and I have 5 kids. 12,10,8,6 and 1.5. As you can probably guess my geek life has taken quite a hit because I am a father now. Their needs come before mine so if there is something cool I want I have to really plan it out and take a lot of time to get it right. I would love to win this because it is one of the items on my list of things I'd love to have, if only I could afford it. It is a device that my geek kids could play as well (They love technology too. I'm raising them right).

With your help this would make an amazing fathers day present and would be something that we could use to bring me and my clan a little closer together.

Happy Fathers Day Everyone!
Rob

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This would definitely push me towards getting a Nvidia in my desktop, but i'm a daily commuter with an hour and a half daily commute each way. (non driving) need something to destress during that time

simscubed

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I should win because I love tech. This would be an awesome Father's day gift for me. My kids are too young to purchase it for me. I could never convince the wife I need this. I hear it is awesome.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
My father died two weeks ago this Father's Day. I could certainly use something to bring some cheer to this year's Father's Day, because truthfully Sunday is going to be a hard day for me and my family.

Gibbens, Edwin (Ed) Roger
Age 77, of Forestville, NY
Succumbed to Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at Buffalo General Hospital after a valiant five-month battle fighting this malady.

The sixth of seven children, Ed was born at home on October 9, 1936 in South Stockton, NY to Elmer and Gladys Gibbens. He graduated from Cassadaga Valley Central School in June 1954. He retired from the US Navy as a Petty Officer, First Class, in November 1975 after 20 years of active service, attached to the USS Lexington as an Aviation Electrician. After completing culinary school he became a chef, working in some of Jamestown, NY's finer restaurants. He completed his AA Degree in 1978 at Jamestown Community College. In 1983 he bought a home on 11 acres of land in Forestville, NY. At his retirement party from Dunkirk Ice Cream in 1988, he met Debora Dickinson (née Gdula) of Silver Creek, NY. They were married in Forestville, NY on September 1, 1989. Ed served the community of Sinclairville, NY as a volunteer fire fighter and the community of Forestville, NY as a member of the American Legion Post and the Fleet Reserve. Ed enjoyed gardening, camping, and traveling around this great nation, generous in all ways with those whom he loved. He will be remembered for his sense of humor, robust laughter, good cooking and love of life.

Survived by his wife of almost 25 years, Debbie, of Forestville, NY; son Arthur (Renée) Gibbens of Cottage Grove, MN and their children Mathias of Tucson, AZ, Hannah-Renée (Jonathan) Hardy of Houghton, NY and Philip of Cottage Grove, MN; daughter Sue (Ivan) Chompalov of Clymer, NY and her children Nathen (Allison) Lang and their son Jonathan of Clymer, NY, and Xavier Whitcome of Clymer, NY; daughter Brenda (Matthew) Hitchcock of Randolph, NY: son Roger (Monique) Gibbens of Chattanooga, TN and their children Aimee and David of Chattanooga, TN; and Debbie's son Martin (Laura) Dickinson of Buffalo, NY; son Christian (Trishia) Dickinson of Wilton, NY and their children Zachary, Juliahna and Adalyn; and daughter Sarah (Benjamin) Smith of Silver Creek, NY and their daughters Hannah, Jessica and Willow. Also survived by sister Ann Forinash of St. Augustine, FL; brother Ellsworth (Serena) Gibbens of Jacksonville, FL; and numerous nephews and nieces.

Predeceased by his sister Eva Truesdale of Terre Haute, IN; brother Elmer Gibbens of Jamestown, NY; brother Andrew Gibbens of Jacksonville, FL; and sister Flora Rolph of Jamestown, NY.

Because Ed opted to donate his body to science so that research can be done to help others afflicted with MDS, a private interment with full military honors will be held later this summer. Memorials preferred to the Disabled Veterans of America or the Wounded Warriors Project.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Since I have 2 young kids, I don't get a lot of time to play games anymore. Part of that is because I can't sit down in the office while they are in other parts of the house doing whatever. Being able to stream games to the Shield, or simply loading up emulators, would make my life SO much easier. I'm sure my reason's aren't unique, or even very surprising, but it would make an enormous impact on my life.

hackacrack

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I should win because i am currently working in prudhoe bay, and there is absolutely nothing fun to do here. I could play games on the shield that i cannot play on my desktop while im awayfrom home.

junkie24

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I love technology and just like having every new gadget that is released. Also always wanted a Nvidia Shield when it was released since I love to game when-ever and where-ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie