Window Frame Color/Size

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I connect my Note 10 to a full screen monitor which means I can easily have multiple windows open at the same time.

With the new version of Android, it is MUCH more difficult to quickly identify an application window, especially ones on top that are less than full screen. I am absolutely hating this UI.

Is there any way to make a window more visible? This white color scheme with little to no border is horrible.

Thanks in advance for your response.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can try applying themes but I don't think those affect floating windows. I don't see a difference in floating windows from Android 9 to 10, though... not even on DeX. Don't get me wrong, I hate it too (mostly because the gestures and multiwindow controls I'm used to came from GoodLock, which is, at the time, still incompatible with 10), but I really don't see a difference in THAT.

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I looked through themes but didn't see anything.

Will post a screen shot when I get a chance so we can play "find the windows". It is like a kids game, only frustrating as an adult. It's harder to find a window "on top" than you think. I hate Android 10. Seems like Google is becoming a "mature" company and is on its way of losing its edge.

Last edited:

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
OK. I found that, if I pull the phone out of the docking station, I can switch to dark mode. When I put the phone back in the docking station, it comes up in dark mode and the windows "on top" are much easier to identify. I guess the problem is solved. But it crazy that we cannot have control over our window frames and title bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
factore